Is this a faux pas?

Valencia

Lately I've been thinking about being unfaithful....

to my HAIRDRESSER! The same lady has been doing my hair the same way ever since I was a lil wildhaired child with hair down to my cojones (as she oh-so-nicely puts it) She's great, I love her muchly. She's been perming my hair since I was 6 (terrible, I know) and it's never broken off, it's still thick as ever.

But a girl needs change! I can't be held down to the same woman for this long! I've been thinking lately about going to another guy to do my hair, just to see what he's like, but my mama says once you cheat on your stylist, things will never be the same between you and you can never go back. It's just an unwritten rule.

So what do you ladies think? Is cheating a bad thing, or is my mom just being crazy as usual?

I read an advice bit in Allure by a stylist on how to go back after you have "cheated". I think it really is an issue for some.

Mom's are really crazy if you think about it..lol at least mine is..lol You know what..I was kinda in the same boat as you. The girl who highlights my hair use to be the one who cut and highlight it. Her name is Rita. I'll be 34 next month and she's known me since I was like in 5th grade.. she didn't start doing my hair till maybe around 8th grade..the owner of the shop she worked at did my hair..but whenever the owner was booked or something, I would make an appointment with Rita.. I noticed that she did a better job..but I couldn't start going to her since they were at the same place. But, eventually, Rita got her own shop..so I started going to her..all through high school, college and into my adulthood.. I wouldn't go to anyone else back then because I was afraid to..she was the only one who did my hair for such a long time. But it did get to the point where it was always the same style, same thing all the time.. Well, 2 years ago when I had my 2nd son.. when he was 3 months old.. I almost cut my thumb off and couldn't do my hair at all.. I had to wear a hat everyday because I couldn't use my right hand.. long story short..I hope..lol.. I had a couple of weddings to go to and I had to get my hair done.. the weddings were in Chicago.. Rita is in the burbs..an hour away..and it was just inconvenient for me to go all the way out there to get my hair done.. that was just too much time in the car and I had other things to do those days. My friend convinced me to go to her best friend's cousin's salon.. she told me how good she was but she said she was expensive..so I made an appointment with her and I decided to go all the way..I made an appointment for a haircut.. I figured if I liked the haircut then I could just start going to her for haircuts since it would be more convenient.. I could walk to her salon from my house.. I went there and that was the best damn haircut I ever had.. So needless to say..I go to Dawn now for my haircuts but I still go to Rita go get my hair highlighted.. She's watched me grow up and she's watch my kids grow up. At first I felt bad..but she knows that I live so far away and that was inconvenient for me to drive all that way just for a haircut. But, she never did ask where I'm getting my haircut..I'm sure she understands. Sorry that was so long..but I say go for it! You can't go to the same person forever...eventually you probably will have to find someone else and everyone does need a change once in a while.. and that change might pleasantly surprize you!! So, I say go for it. I did and it worked out AWESOME for me.. I couldn't be happier.

Sorry that was so long
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
UmSumayyah said:
I read an advice bit in Allure by a stylist on how to go back after you have "cheated". I think it really is an issue for some.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did it say UmSumayyah? Do you know if the article is anywhere online?

Back