Is there a style that you can keep for a week- that is not braiding?

Spongebob

ok so i am just reaching a Plataea with this hair journey, that point where you just wanna cut it all off and live bald and free. and never see your hair product cupboard again.

well after a bit of sanity, i decided maybe i just need to do my hair once a week and then come wash day it won't be a massive hassle, and you only have to go through the whole process once.

But i have a little problem, my hair doesn't like braiding (ow god i'm talking like it has a personality). What i mean is my hair tends to fall out extremely with braiding hence i stopped a couple of months ago. But braiding actually made my life ALOT EASIER.

so..

is there another style, that is not braiding (or twisting!), that you can keep for 7 days without having to do anything to it? (im talking i don't even wanna comb other then on wash day).

thank you :yawn:

I don't know if a braidout counts... and I guess I'm SORT of doing my hair... and I guess I've NEVER gone a whole 7 days... but..

Braid out worn down Monday
Braid out worn pulled back into a banana clip on Tuesday Wednesday
Bun on Thursday... and so on.

Technically you don't have to comb your hair, just arrange it.

Roller set/flexi rod set - mine last 2 weeks

Bun - maybe not 7 days, but at least 5

Wet set - twist out, flat twist out, bantu knot out

With the curly sets, I can bun them when they get old, so that's a 2nd/3rd week of low manipulation depending on the style.

@Spongebob, what do you mean your hair falls out when you braid? Are you talking about all the shed hair your remove when you undo braids? If so that is normal. No matter what style you wear, if you do not comb your hair for a week, you will lose a lot of hair. Why? Because anyone whose follicles are behaving normally will lose between 50-100 hairs PER DAY. So in a week that is 350-700 hairs! As long as you are aware of this, then you will not be disappointed if you still see hair "fall out" after a week. It is inevitable.

I wear twists 24/7--but that's similar to braids, so I don't know if I helped. One of idols Yassylane has a very simple regimen too. If you are type 4, I honestly don't trust anything but braiding hair nightly like Yassylane does to keep it from tangling...so IMO braids or twists or some style that keeps hair stretched is the only way I can see you forgettingaboutit for 7 days.

You could roller set ( use a curling/flat iron) and pin curl nightly to keep the curls. Doesn't require any combing or than maybe finger combing for your style. With pin curls your are just making a circle and pinning.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Grrrl............moisturize your hair real good, slap in a leave in conditioner and slap it in a pony tail or bun it. Buy one of those hair bands that are designed to prevent breakage. I ponytail all the time and have no problems. Sometimes I use those claw hair clips and go for days without combing or at least until my next wash. I personally prefer the claw because I can pin up my hair without letting the excess hair dangle which prevents tangles. No need to buy wigs and all~~~just work your real hair. Remember, don't let it rule you, you rule it!

You could roller set ( use a curling/flat iron) and pin curl nightly to keep the curls. Doesn't require any combing or than maybe finger combing for your style. With pin curls your are just making a circle and pinning.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

This is what I was coming in here to say. I did this a lot when I was relaxed and I loved it. It's extremely low maintenance, outside of wash day, and looks well put together.

Cornrows under a lace front wig. You can still get to your scalp and moisturize every night. Cowash or rinse the cornrows if you exercise (or just feel like it). Leave them in up to 6-8 weeks.

But cosigning what Nonie said about shed hairs at take down.

man LHCF needs to increase its subscription costs! thank you for all the advice. I have to be honest I'm not familiar with all the styles u suggested i've googled the once i dont know and there's some videos on youtube that i saw how to do them. i'm going to try them but most likely gonna go back to braiding as nonie pointed out i may just have misunderstood shedding for breakage. cheers my dears. i forgot to ask, are con rows bad for your hair if they're quite tight/neat?

Back