Is there a good gel for braidouts?

Trinity1

Hi Ladies,

I'm looking for a hair gel that doesnt make the hair hard? I am looking for something that will give me more defined waves during these crucial weeks when I have alot of new growth. Right now my braidouts look ok but not as good as they do when I first get a relaxer. I want something that will help smooth down my roots,give me more defined waves and also lots of shine. I'm going to Sallys today after work so any advice would be much appreciated
smile.gif
I'm hearing alot about Smooth and Shine,what does everyone think?

Thanks,
Tee Tee

so far, i've used Let's Jam, Smooth & Shine and currently Fantasia IC gels. i think all of them make my hair hard if used alone. i always mix it with World of Curls activator. not only does it keep the hair pretty soft, it also does all the other stuff that you want it to do. i just mix 50/50 in a seperate container. you could give that a try...

I use ORS loc and twist gel....it worked really well. My hair was not hard after, I definitely liked it...it's a keeper!

Thanks Adrienne and Honeyjamm. I think I will go out and get some Smooth and Shine and when I put it in my hair right before I braid my hair for my braidout I will spray each section with my s curl to counteract the hardening effect. Thanks again ladies!!!!

Tee Tee

Thank you KhaLesSta. I'm going to try to pick something up. It'll be between the Aloe Vera Gel you mentioned or the Smooth and Shine Gel mentioned by Adrienne.I'll let you guys know my results.

Tee Tee

Thanks Adrienne for your idea of mixing the gel with activator. I bought some Smooth and Shine and mixed it with my s curl and it smoothed my hair into a nice sleek ponytail and my hair is black and shiny but most importantly its not hard and crispy like I thought gel usually makes the hair. Its actually pretty soft and smells good.

p.s- thanks to all the ladies for answering my questions.

Tee Tee

[ QUOTE ]
prettyballer14 said:
I use elasta qp glaze and find that it is not hard, flaky and it gived good shine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi,

Did you mix the Elasta Glaze with anything?

Speaking of braidouts...how do you acheive a braidout?

Do you braid wet hair?
Blowdry then braid?

I've never had a braidout and I'm looking for something easy to maintain while I'm on maternity leave.

Can Fantasia Frizz Buster Straightening Gel be used?Or will this straighten out any curls and waves

To do a braidout
1.Braid hair when wet or damp,adding gel and moisturizer
2.Allow to air dry
Remove braids and style when hair is dry.

Braidout are great since they only require finger styling,leading to less manipulation of hair.My hair also stays nice and moisutrized using braidouts.And they are defintiely easy to maintain

How about Black and Sassy Cremey Set? I use it on my two stand twists and it keeps my hair soft and moisturized.

thicknbeautiful, sorry so late with my response but no i don't mix the elasta qp glaze with anything. i do my braidouts on damp hair and the glaze gives a good enough hold for me without being heavy.

I tried, but I gave up. I started to do it, then I realized something. I CAN'T CORNROW!!! No, I really need more practice. Cornrowing wet hair seems harder than doing it dry. I used to cornrow my micros in a braidout all the time. I'll have to practice on a Saturday or something!

Back