Is the Vatika oil suppose to be thick THICK?

NaturalEnigma

I just received my Dabur Vatika oil in the mail, and I noticed the consistency is very THICK , like Aubrey Organics conditioner thick. Is it suppose to be like that? Is it possible that the oil solidified? I don't want to put anything spoiled on my hair. :perplexed.

Yes, at temperatures below 76 degrees coconut oil will solidify or become very thick. If you want it to be more of a liquid consistency, just place it somewhere very warm or put the bottle in a shallow bowl of hot water.

I purchased some yesterday from an Indian grocery store for the first time and mine is also very thick. I could barely get any out of the bottle. I think that's the way it's supposed to be.

It has a coconut oil base. You have to melt it first to get it out of the bottle. It also helps to pop out the plastic cap in the rim of the bottle.

Like PPs said its coconut oil so if it cold it'll solidify/thicken you can run the bottle under the hotwater tap or put it by your heater it melts quickly...

I agree with the other ladies. The bathroom is pretty warm in my house, but if it gets thick, I put it in a sink full of warm water or take it in the shower with me.

Yeah, it's supposed to be thick. I've been using Vatika oil for years, and I have a large bottle right now that is solid as a rock in consistency. If I accidentally dropped that bad boy on my foot, I'm sure I'd break a few bones. It's hard like lard, and looks like Crisco! But it's one of the BEST oils I've ever used on my hair. I couldn't shake any out of the bottle if my life depended on it, so in order to use, I have to take the top off and microwave it for a few secs to soften the coconut oil. Coconut oil is supposed to be solid at room temp. (Or set it in a bowl of hot water to melt it very quickly). It will re-solidify once it cools and you will likely have to repeat the process each time you use.

Last edited:
no. when I bought mines during the summer it was already in liquid form... but when i got it during the winter it was thick and stuck in the bottle. I just used to place it in a bowl/sink full of hot water or I would keep it in my room where it was warm all the time and it stayed liquidy :)

Back