is that what's missing in my life

chebaby

glosser? or polisher?
i've never in my life used these before and didnt think i needed to. lately when i blow dry and flat iron(even when i was rollersetting) my hair would be soft but no shine. so i went back to wet bunning. the third day of that caused me an ear ache because its cold now. so i decided to wake up early this morning and go to the dominican salon i use to frequent. they opened at ten and thats when i arrived(as a walk in) and was out by 11:40:grin:. i was the only customer for about 30 minutes(now i know when to go lol). any way when they were done my hair looked just the way it does when i flat ironed it. it was bouncy and FULL of movement and soft(they only blew my roots) but then she added a dime size of proclaim polisher/glosser. and my hair was blinging.
so is polisher my answer?
i thought serums and glossers and the like were bad/clogged the hair?

so i ran to cvs and they didnt have proclaim so i got the clear IC one.

does anyone use polisher on the regular?

im thinking of only using it that first day i flat iron and then all the other days just moisturize and seal.

I just threw away all my glossers because of all the cones.... i use Shea butter for my shine. my hair loves it and its as natural as u can get! :grin:

I dont use one because the shine is only temporary for me.

Drinking lots of water and taking flaxseed oil should help you hair have a natural shine.

Coconut oil or olive oil will do the same thing. I'm sure all those other oils that people talk about will a achieve the same result. I just don't have experience with them.

HTH

thanx ladies.
i have all kinds of oils lol. coconut oil works well for shine but its getting cold and if i spend a long time outside i dont want my hair to freeze. i will see how the polishers work compared to oils.

I used to use the Fantasia IC polisher. I liked it on day one. However, I didnt like how it made my hair look or feel days later.

Serums are fine. As long as you clarify monthly, there shouldn't be a problem with buildup. My hair doesn't like oils too much, so I use serums regularly. After I wash (2-3 x's a week), I apply a leave in and top with a serum. Besides giving great shine, they give good slip too :grin:

If you wanna use a serum for shine, use it, girl!!! :yep:

When I was permed they worked great, but they dont work very well natural. :( It stays shiny for maybe 10 minutes and its gone.

I only use them when i heat straighten my hair. I alternate between perfect for perms serum (love the smell) and smthg like a lite moisturizer for the week i have my hair straight. When its curly, i only use moisturizer or leave in.

Back