Is Quick Weaving/wigging really damaging or not

nychaelasymone

So, I'm here in the ATL and came across the phenom of cap/quick weaves to the point that I tried it myself ( I like it). I used 2 caps and paper towels between both caps to keep the glue from touching my hair. I've read through some of the posts here where people say it was damaging to the hair and others hair thrives from it. I've had my in for 2 days, I removed it to apply some moisturizer and olive oil and put it back on. I plan to keep it in for 1 weeks and do another one this weekend. My hair breaks so bad about 2-3 weeks prior to a touch up and I think this style allows me to leave my hair alone to make it to 8 weeks -I think since I'm new to this (yes, I must re-touch in 8 weeks or face the consequences). So are quick weaves/wigs damaging or not and am I doing them correctly? Oh yeah, I've heard some ladies use shower caps underneath...do you keep this on the entire time you wear the weave/wig? And if so, does your hair thrive and aren't you hot?

They aren't damaging if you keep the glue from touching your edges. I believe they can be a good protective style especially if you can take it off and take care of your hair underneath. The shower cap should be to avoid the glue from seeping through to natural hair but taken off after its done.HTH

Be careful with attaching the combs too tight with the quick weaves. I suffered breakage from this that took awhile to get my hair and scalp healthy again.

Back