Is it too late for me to wash before a relaxer?

Determined22

Ok, I'm scheduled for a relaxer on Friday evening, but I really want to wash my hair cause it literally feels like hard crap. Do you think I can wash it now and I'll be ok for my relaxer on Friday?

I do, but I texlax and I don't mind if it's underprocessed. It's Wednesday so if you wash it I don't see a problem. However, I'm hoping the other ladies will chime in and let you know the real deal.

If I can I wait 3-4 days and then relax (after a wash).

If your hair feels gross, then go ahead, but do it with caution because IMO you're right on the cusp.

-A

I've washed the night before a relaxer. Yeah, I'm bad. :look:

I say go ahead and do it, but concentrate on the hair, don't scrub your scalp. And remember to base it very well, you should be fine.

I think it's okay, since it's at least 48 hours before the relaxer. However, i would read the back of the relaxer to see what is recomended. my mizani perm said 3 days, but i know others have just said 48 hrs. I decided to roll with their suggestion. Anyway, good luck

Its fine to wash. I think the main thing is not irriating the scalp. Also throw in a protein treatment while your at it. good luck

Oh, no scrubbing, definitely. My stylist is doing it, and she always bases very well before a relaxer, and I haven't burned in ages.

I think I'll be ok. Thanks for the help ladies.

Back