Is it possible to make the part in a wig look real?

yardyspice

I found a wig by Sensationnel that I love:love2:, she looks great but I am not happy with the part because the skin is white. I was wondering if there is something I could do to make the part look more realistic even though it is synthetic. There are a lot of wig wearing ladies on here so I know someone has probably come up with a way to do this. Help a sista out!

ETA: Here is a link to the wig in case you are interested.

Last edited:
I use the same foundation that I would use on my face. I haven't tried eye shadow, but I know a few people that do it, and it comes out looking good..Foundation will last longer.

Sure, if you have a lacefront. Alot of lacefronts I've seen on YouTube have really realistic natural looking parts....I think its worth the investment to have a realisic look.

If you really want to be precise you can use foundation to color the part your same shade:yep:

Great tips. Another thing you can do is buy a fabric marker from a craft store and color the part in with the marker.

Fabric marker? I can probably find something that matches my complexion and that way I never have to worry about it rubbing off. Thanks ladies.

See, yardyspice this is my issue, except this Sistertress full wig I've had for about 4 yrs now has an unnatural part because the skin is dark charcoal grey! Like, I've never seen a person with a charcoal-grey colored scalp, so wth were these Asians thinking when they made it?! LOL The wig is super cute, and I've worn it many times, it still looks good and tangle free (synthetic).

I guess I will have to use my foundation to change it, but IDK if that will even show up! Thanks ladies for the suggestions here, I will take note for future wigs!

I tried the foundation trick last night and let it dry over night. It worked like a charm and with the layering my mom did, the wig looks pretty real or at the very least like a weave. My mom says you know you have a good wig if it looks like a weave:grin:

Back