Is it possible- Rollerset at 4 weeks / touch-up?

Kamilla16

Will my rollerset come out good at 4 weeks after my touch-up? Has anyone ever done this? Also, What size rollers (1" 2" etc.) should I get to create loose curls not tight ones?

Thanks in advance ladies.

I never used to be roller set without my growth showing. Usually at 4 weeks I'd do a straw set because that didn't make the texture change so obvious.

I didn't read your stats but if you are 3c you may be able to pull off large curls.

A lot of ladies here of all hair types do rollersets for way longer than 4 weeks post relaxer with very good results. I think it depends on your hair texture, how much new growth you have, how good you are at rollersetting, and what products you use. If you're not confident, maybe you can find a nice salon (Dominican or AA) to roll your hair and lightly blow it out to straighten your new growth.

I joined the board when my relaxer was 5 weeks old. Ive been doing roller sets every week since then (3 myself, then I got a touch up and a roller set at the salon on Thursday). They came out just fine...I used WGO on my new growth prior to rolling the hair....this as well as my leave in potion, seemed to soften the new growth. Also, vitamins have been helping my new growth to be less noticable. Hope this helps...
wink.gif

It's possible.
smile.gif
Make sure you hair is smooth when you roll it, especially the roots. The roller should be kind of taught so that it is straightening/smoothing your roots, and make sure you hold the section of hair for each roller in the opposite direction at an angle to keep the roots smooth ( I am not explaining myself clear, but, they're are some directions in quite a few threads on this forum, one by Amilion, that are very good.)

I have had a rollerset in the salon at 6 weeks past touch-up, I am blessed with a stylist who encourages extending time between touch-ups.

Well...

Thanks everyone for replying. My Cousin rolled my hair a couple of hours ago. It still isn't dry because I don't feel like gettin under the dryer right now, but I can tell it is gonna look good. I have the pink rollers in.

But...
We kinda ran out of rollers (she used 12) so she had to blowdry and bump a section of my hair, besides that I think my hair will turn out great! I'll let yall know in the mornin'!!

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of ladies here of all hair types do rollersets for way longer than 4 weeks post relaxer with very good results.

[/ QUOTE ]
True. I'm one of these ladies (although I don't roller set very often).

I haven't had a relaxer in a year because I am transitioning from relaxed to natural. When I want my hair to be straight, I get my mom to give me a roller set. The KEY is to make sure your hair is very wet, and that the rollers are put in very taught.

i agree with miss brown. it definitely depends on your hair texture and growth rate. i personally could rollerset for at least 2 months no problem and maybe a little longer than that. when i'm at the point that i have alot of new growth, i just get my roots blown straight to maintain the style. i've heard that salons exist that will not give you a rollerset or blowout if u need a touch-up. can u believe that?! i learned right away how to do them myself in case of emergencies.

Yes, it's possible
smile.gif
. I have given myself a roller set at 24 wks. I totally agree with TransitioningK...make sure it's very wet & make it's rolled very firmly
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The KEY is to make sure your hair is very wet, and that the rollers are put in very taught.

[/ QUOTE ]
Definitely.
smile.gif
This can make a HUGE difference.

Re: Is it possible- Rollerset at 4 weeks / touch-u

I have a quick question, how much new growth do most of you guys have at 5 weeks? I'm at 5 weeks and have about a quarter of an inch, but my hair is thick.

By the way, Kamilla16, I've found that using wild growth oil on the new growth or Profectiv Healthy Roots really helps to soften it and helps me last up to 15 weeks.

I use WGO on my new growth also and it really helps! At 8 weeks post-touch up, my new growth was barely noticible until I wet my hair!

Thanks everybody!

Just wanted to let yall know that my hair came out great this mornin'. I let it airdry in the rollers. Next time I'll it under the dryer cuz it took 4 ever. Anyways it worked out fine.

Back