Is it okay to put henna on color treated hair?

Blue_Berry

I want to put a henna in my hair, but my hair is color treated. If it is not okay to put a henna in my hair, can I use a conditioner that says it has henna in it?

It's definitely ok to use the conditioner and probably ok to use straight BAQ henna. I would do a strand test first to be absolutely sure.

You can put henna in your hair, but just to let you know you can't dye (or at least not successfully) your hair after you've done a henna treatment. For example, I have greys in the front and I did a henna treatment twice this year and my hair turned red in those areas. It looked nice and I didn't mind. I then tried to dye my hair black, but any grey hair that turned red with the henna is STILL red. You couldn't sledge hammer that thing off LOL

You can attempt to cover henna but I had the same experience as BostonMaria. I used Ebony Mocha, the second darkest but my hair stayed red. It is much more dark than it was but you still see the red.

You can put henna in your hair, but just to let you know you can't dye (or at least not successfully) your hair after you've done a henna treatment. For example, I have greys in the front and I did a henna treatment twice this year and my hair turned red in those areas. It looked nice and I didn't mind. I then tried to dye my hair black, but any grey hair that turned red with the henna is STILL red. You couldn't sledge hammer that thing off LOL

Henna becomes apart of your hair...it may fade by nothing short of scissors will remove it.

Yes to both questions OP. A conditioner w/ henna is it will have a minute amount. I seriously doubt it'll change your color in any perceivable way.

Henna itself will take strongly in your hair if color treated means bleached. Bleached hair is porous hair. If you wanna keep things drark to take them to black...do henna w/ indigo, 1 step or 2.

Back