Is it just me???

clarity2008

Is it just me or does anyone else have problems wrapping their hair??

I seriously cannot get the hang of it??

I feel like a complete tard!

:imstupid:

i can physically wrap the hair around my head, but i can never wrap it in such a way that when i pull the wrap down, the hair comes out straight. i've always thought you could wrap your hair, let it dry, and it should come out straight (assuming you have a perm) but my hair always comes out messed up in the middle and straight on the ends.

My hair don't wrap :lol: Not when i do it, not at the salon nope not going to happen. i just do pin curls and keep it moving :lachen:

I hardly ever wrap my hair but my sister wraps hers pretty much every night and it stays very straight.

She uses a paddle brush, I think it's from the Goody brand which can be found at Walgreens or Target etc. She just keeps brushing the hair around her head until it stays put then ties on her satin scarf.

It's way too much manipulation for my tastes, lol, but her hair stays long and healthy anyway in addition to keeping that ultra straight look. She also uses a lot of pomades and oil sheen which probably help to keep her hair in place when brushing it around but they contain a lot of mineral oil and all the horrible ingredients that most lhcf members hate, lol.

With practice it becomes second nature... trust me. Also, I think your hair starts to get trained into doing it.

Yep it does. I can even wrap mine without looking in the mirror. I know you are supposed to switch the directions you wrap frequently, but my hair has gotten used to being wrapped to the right and it doesn't help that I'm a righty so it's hard for me to comb my hair over to the left.

Ok! Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

So now....since I'm not the only one how do you all maintain a flat ironed style? I'm natural and I flat iron my hair occasionally but usually end up washing it in 2 days so I am trying to figure out a way to maintain my style...(i don't do pincurls either, my hair is too thick and that is too time consuming)

There's gotta be a better way!!!!!!:wallbash:

Ok! Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one!

So now....since I'm not the only one how do you all maintain a flat ironed style? I'm natural and I flat iron my hair occasionally but usually end up washing it in 2 days so I am trying to figure out a way to maintain my style...(i don't do pincurls either, my hair is too thick and that is too time consuming)

There's gotta be a better way!!!!!!:wallbash:

When my hair is straight I just tie a scarf around the top and put a bonnet on over my hair. Kind of like what Sylver2 does :yep:

It took me a few weeks to master the "art of wrapping" LOL..........I love the way my hair looks in the morning with the lil bump in the bottom.

Keep trying!!!!

I always end up with a beehive! the center just gets higher and higher, I can't wrap for the life of me.

I wrap it the best that I can. However, the wrap never ends up looking like it does when I'm fresh from the salon. Oh well, it still keeps the hair straight.

I can physically wrap my hair, but having it look like anything once I take it down, is another story :lachen:

I wind up with one side of my head as smooth and full of body, the other side, limp and dented. Since I am transitioning I don't care much anymore, but its something I never completely got the hang of when I was completely relaxed.

Back