Is it good to use a leave in cond every day?

I was just wondering if that would be over conditioning?? i currently condition wash every day and wanted to know if it was okay to also use a daily leave in or if that was too much. Please write back, thanx!

I don't think it's too much. Leave in's protect your hair from everyday handling, the air and pollutants, sun, etc. I think leave in's are an essential part of healthy hair care.

Leave in's are not typically as strong as deep conditioners, allowing them to be used daily without the threat of overconditioning. I've used a leave in almost daily for about 3 years and I honestly think my hair is better for it. The moisturizing effects are great.

I use Pantene detangle light spray conditioner almost every day. Its my new staple. I think most leave ins can be used daily unless possibly not if it has protein and your hair is sensitive to it.

[ QUOTE ]
pressncurl said:
Leave in's are not typically as strong as deep conditioners, allowing them to be used daily without the threat of overconditioning. I've used a leave in almost daily for about 3 years and I honestly think my hair is better for it. The moisturizing effects are great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
smile.gif

I agree. Leave-ins usually have humectants in them which help hold moisture in the hair. I also like the ones that have sunscreen or UV filters in them.

I think it's ok to use a leave-in everyday. Many people wash their hair everyday and it seems to be recommended to use a leave-in conditioner. So, I'd say whenever you wash (or co wash), you should use a leave-in conditioner. I always do...just makes my hair more manageable.

Back