is it damaging to use

felicia

a hooded hair dryer? how damaging is it? what if i used it every 5 days or a week for my roller sets?
tia

Are you asking about heat or just sitting under the hooded dryer? I love mine (as well as my soft bonnet dryer) and use it with a cool setting for cool air. Those who prefer heat find it works excellent on rollersets and experience only good results.:)

Right now a hooded dryer is the only heat I use on my hair. The only problem i ever had from dryer heat is that since I have a professional one like they use in the salon if I put the heat on max, it sometimes leave my ends feeling dry. But other then that I love it.

Isis said:
Are you asking about heat or just sitting under the hooded dryer? I love mine (as well as my soft bonnet dryer) and use it with a cool setting for cool air. Those who prefer heat find it works excellent on rollersets and experience only good results.:)
the heat while sitting under the dryer lol, the high temp.

I think using a hooded dryer once every 5 days should be fine. I used to dry my rollersets twice a week with a hooded dryer, and never had any problems. I've since switched to air-dryin them since I'm not using any heat.

I stayed away from the hot setting however, because I find it drying to both my hair and scalp... I used either medium or cool air.

KiSseS03 said:
I think using a hooded dryer once every 5 days should be fine. I used to dry my rollersets twice a week with a hooded dryer, and never had any problems. I've since switched to air-dryin them since I'm not using any heat.

I stayed away from the hot setting however, because I find it drying to both my hair and scalp... I used either medium or cool air.
I usually would just let it air dry too after setting because I would be doing other things... I would sit down though for about a half hour and dry... I dont think a hooded dryer is bad because there is no direct heat...

You should be fine if you use the hooded dryer every 5 days for your deep condition, rollerset etc. Short of air drying your hair, that would be the next step up, imo.

ITA-with-CM

CinnaMocha said:
You should be fine if you use the hooded dryer every 5 days for your deep condition, rollerset etc. Short of air drying your hair, that would be the next step up, imo.

Back