Is going from Texlaxed to Natural Hard?

my hair is underprocessed or texlaxed right now. even with the relaxer it is still pretty curly. i use a mild, drugstore bought relaxer. a stylist i visited recently said that it looks like i don't even have a relaxer in my head. i'm thinking of discontinuing the use of the relaxer because i feel i am too dependent on someone else to do my hair. even though it's my mom that does the relaxer for me. anyway, i want to start training my hair to get str8 with a blow dryer and/or flat iron. i work out a lot and i'm afraid that my hair will not hold during these times. i'm not afraid to wear curlier styles as my hair is no where near bone str8 now. however, i want to be able to put my hair in a ponytail and don't know if i'll be able to after i work out. so my question is, is the transition difficult? will i lose a lot of hair? i am not opposed to going to the salon once a month to get it blow dried str8 but i must be able to do my own hair. is this possible? i did a search but i couldn't really find answers to all my questions. tia! :)

I am transitioning as well. I am new growth and permed straight. About a week ago I went to the Dominican Salon and got my hair blown straight and when I say straight, it was straight. You could not tell my permed hair from my natural hair. It lasted until I oil rinsed yesterday. I only wear my hair in a ponytail and have had it that way since the latter part of November 2007. Before that I was wearing a sew in for a few months. Anyway, as long as I put my hair in a pony, it's okay.

I am transitioning as well. I am new growth and permed straight. About a week ago I went to the Dominican Salon and got my hair blown straight and when I say straight, it was straight. You could not tell my permed hair from my natural hair. It lasted until I oil rinsed yesterday. I only wear my hair in a ponytail and have had it that way since the latter part of November 2007. Before that I was wearing a sew in for a few months. Anyway, as long as I put my hair in a pony, it's okay.
thanks. when you do your hair at home, how do you get it to look good in a ponytail?

I would think that u wouldnt have that much of a hard time since u said ur already underprocessed/texlaxed.

So ur natural texture will be closer to ur textlaxed texture vs bone straight texture.

I would think that u wouldnt have that much of a hard time since u said ur already underprocessed/texlaxed.

So ur natural texture will be closer to ur textlaxed texture vs bone straight texture.
yes that's true. but i can still work with my hair to slick it back into a phony pony. don't know if i'll have that option with 100% natural.

Back