Is anyone still using Essential Oils in way, shape or form?

Caramela

I went rummaging last night after reading a PM someone sent me about essential oils and I found like 4 different ones. I totally forgot about my essential oils. I found Jasmine, Lavender (which I know both can be used for hair/scalp purposes) and I also found eucalyptus and lemongrass (which I'm not sure if they can be used for hair/scalp).
Does anyone know?
Also, if you are using essential oils, what are you using them for?
I did a prepoo with Glover's last night and then then shampoo'd in the shower, conditioned 2x and after getting out of the shower, I applied a few drops of Jasmine oil to my scalp and gently rubbed it in. My hair is fragrant and a little more tame than normal. But I'm rambling now :blah:

Yup, to seal, scalp massages and to boost conditioners:
Jojoba, rosemary, thyme, cedarwood, castor, shea butter, peppermint, evoo, sunflower, coconut, shikikai blend

Last night I added a few drops of peppermint to my deep conditioner and sate under the dryer and it felt great. I also added lavendar, rosemary and pepermint to my setting lotion and performed a wet wrap. My hair felt amazing when I combed my wrap down and it still does.

Do any of you use these oils? I also heard that you can apply drops of rosemary to your shampoo.

What is your regimen for the oils you listed?

Scalp massages:Essential Oil Blend for Hair Growth
1. Thyme essential oil - 2 drops
2. Atlas cedarwood essential oil - 2 drops
3. Lavender essential oil - 3 drops
4. Rosemary essential oil - 3 drops
5. Jojoba oil - 1/2 teaspoon
6. Grapeseed oil - 4 teaspoons

Thickening:
Castor Oil

Boost my conditioners:
Jojoba, castor, shea butter, evoo

Add with Shikikai powders to simmer overnight as scalp massage and pre poo infusion:
Jojoba, evoo, sunflower, coconut

Coat my scalp before I use conditioner pre poos:
shikikai blend

Add to my DCers:
peppermint 2 drps and a tspn of any one/two: Jojoba, castor, shea butter, evoo

Honestly, I probably don't need the multiple oils to have a solid regimen...I just like experimenting when things are new to me.:grin:

Thickening:
Castor Oil

Boost my conditioners:
Jojoba, castor, shea butter, evoo

Add with Shikikai powders to simmer overnight as scalp massage and pre poo infusion:

shikikai blend

Add to my DCers:

Honestly, I probably don't need the multiple oils to have a solid regimen...I just like experimenting when things are new to me.:grin:

That is a great list of oils. Do you find that the castor oil weigh your hair down? What brand of castor oil do you use? I need to thicken my hair and edges.

I am also using Cedarwood, Lavender Rosemary, Grapseed oil and Tee Tree but I want to change the tree tree and use Thyme and add Jojoba. I have been using this for two weeks...and lawd I need a relaxer in the worst way...my lawd....it a hot hot mess after a cw...I have a big nasty patch of napps laying on my head...and I have the nerve to put all these napps into a pontail....

I am also using Cedarwood, Lavender Rosemary, Grapseed oil and Tee Tree but I want to change the tree tree and use Thyme and add Jojoba. I have been using this for two weeks...and lawd I need a relaxer in the worst way...my lawd....it a hot hot mess after a cw...I have a big nasty patch of napps laying on my head...and I have the nerve to put all these napps into a pontail....

so are you saying that due to the usage of the essential oils you've gotten more growth, or are you saying they're causing tangling? I'm confused:spinning:

Thickening:
Castor Oil

Boost my conditioners:
Jojoba, castor, shea butter,

shikikai blend

Add to my DCers:

Thanks. I just got those oils and was looking for a way to combine them to thicken this up

Yes, I mix it into my qhemet and made my own hair growth oil with them. I have lavender, tea tree, peppermint and rosemary. Anyone wants to buy my qhemet honey hydrating balm with extra oils added.

Have you seen a substantail amount of growth using this method?

Yea, but not with the honey hydrating balm, but with something else. I use Komaza Care hair oil and saw megagrowth. I used it to dilute my rosemary and ylang ylang. I never used the hydrating balm long enough to tell. I'm going to add more and melt it so it's not so grainy.

:yep: I use essential oils frequently for hair care, body care and around the home. Just recently, I made a scalp oil with sulfur, olive and castor oils and ylang ylang oil. So far, so good. I have also made a "freshing spray" with just water, sodium lactate, sweet orange oil and ylang ylang oil. I love this too. I use this spray on my kids' hair and everyone raves about how good they smell.

Yep! I use this one, too:

Essential Oil Blend for Hair Growth

and to it, I add peppermint, tea tree, emu, sage, basil and ylang ylang oils. I also have some of this in my MN/BT mixture.

I use Jamaican Black Castor oil to seal my ends when wrapping and rollersetting.

HTH!

I have a huge collection of essential oils.

All of the oils you mentioned are safe to use on the scalp.

Lemongrass is said to be very beneficial because it has anti-inflammatory properties.

It smells wonderful and I have used it in my handmade soap and I place a few drops into my bathtub.

I have a few books on essential oils and they are said to have amazing healing powers. They also smell great!:grin:

Back