Is anyone interested in the LHCF convention?

• Thread starter Thread starter Bublnbrnsuga
  • Start date Start date
B

Bublnbrnsuga

Divine Inspiration is really trying hard to get this set up, since so many in the past have shown interest in us meeting at a designated place. I believe this is the FIRST TIME an actual comprehensive LHCF meeting has been attempted. Now that things are in the works, not enough people are really responding. Now it could just be an oversight on other's parts or scheduling conflict, but come on ladies! Go into the meetings section and vote so she can start setting things up! It would really be sad if only 4 people show up from a community of 100+.

This is for the memorial day weekend? May 27th ish- correct??. I was actually going to make reservations but held back, cuz I'll be in Vegas in March and really don't want to go back unless I know yall are going to be there.

Although I am not going (too young:( ) I think the problem lies in the fact that it is hard to get so many people (who are basically strangers) to commit to one event. I fully support the Las Vegas conference. I think it would be interesting to do a regional conference (which would save on airfare for people who have to travel cross country to Las Vegas.
Anyone who wants to set up an East Coast conference in sunny Miami I all for it:lol:
Back on topic: Sorry that DI is doing so much work. I really hope it works out

cutiebe2 said:
Although I am not going (too young:( ) I think the problem lies in the fact that it is hard to get so many people (who are basically strangers) to commit to one event. I fully support the Las Vegas conference. I think it would be interesting to do a regional conference (which would save on airfare for people who have to travel cross country to Las Vegas.
Anyone who wants to set up an East Coast conference in sunny Miami I all for it:lol:
Back on topic: Sorry that DI is doing so much work. I really hope it works out

I would've loved to go back to Miami myself, but the majority voted for Las Vegas. I am there since I have never been, plus I will be around some cool girls.

I was all for it until we found out a friend is getting married in Vegas in June. I'm a single parent and can't be going to and fro all willy nilly so the wedding wins in this case...

I am very interested in the convention. The problem is that I simply can't afford to make the trip. :( I hope that all the plans come to fruition for those who are organizing it and those who plan to attend.

I initially signed up to go but it turns out that my little brother is graduating HS that weekend so I have to fly home for that instead of flying to Vegas.

Thats my birthday weekend....My b-day is on May 28th. Plus I'm only gonna be 20 and I dont have a job...definitely cant afford it by myself. Sorry:(

I don't know what I voted before, but I'm not going. It's too expensive to fly. I can't believe the current prices are over $300 for roundtrip. This is 3 months in advance:eek: Plus it's too long of a distance to drive.

I would go but I presently have something to do on Memorial Day weekend as I think most people do. I wish it was on another weekend. Also, you don't have to have beacoup people for the convention/meeting to be a success so I would take what I am working with and run with it.

Back