Ion Jet Black Rinse - Fail

leona2025

Ya'll know I have recently become obessessed with gettting glossy black hair. Last week I tried Clairol Beautiful in black and this week I tried Ion Jet Black. My roots and most of my hair is black, but what I have noticed is the areas were I have my highlights stay red/brown.

The color there is permenant and I am wondering is this the reason these rinses won't turn the hair black?

It seems like the lighter hair would have grabbed the black. I remember having this problem with both of those brands also. I wish I had a answer but maybe someone will chime in with better info.

Is this a Permanent or Semi/Demi Permanent?

If this is a permanent I use Revlon ColorSilk #10 and I absolutely love this color I do it 2 months after my relaxer which you can see in my siggy and with my relaxer I use Jazzing Ebony which is a Semi-Permanent, I am currently lookign for a Demi-Permanent color in black. No blue blacks though!

Last edited:
A rinse will not turn lightened hair black, if you use a black rinse it's best if all your hair is already dark dark brown or black, you may have to wait a while then do a permanent color in black, that will be the only thing to actually penetrate and color your highlights, then after that just do your rinses every 2 months or so to keep the color fresher longer.

For permanent color I use Clairol textures and tones, it's a great color great coverage gives beautiful shine and it's for relaxed and natural hair. I have never had any damage using this permanent color and it's best to follow up with a clear gloss treatment to seal in the color to help it to last longer.

Rinses never cover certain lighter tones of hair they aren't strong enough to penetrate the hair strands, semi or demi might work but normally you have to use a permanent color.

hth.

i didn't like Ion's rinse at all. i threw it out.
Clairol is not the best...but its better than all the other brands i've tried.
My stylists used a new brand on me and it's still holding on after 2 months. wish i knew what it was called

I'm going to have to follow this thread. I had Ion in my hand and put it back. I was looking for a clear to put a shine to the demi permanant that my stylist used. The cashier told me she had on Ion's clear and her hair was not shiny.

Back