Intro

UmmMukhtaar

hi,
i am new to this forum. i have been checking it out for a few days before i decide to join. i have type 3c hair (i think) that had been natural for almost 6 years. i was dying to get a wave nouveau and alas i did but i am suffering breakage. i mean like whole strands. i think this is breakage. anyway i joined to get some support and help with growing it out safely and prayerfully quick. i do not know if i want to go back to my natural tresses or just keep the wave but i'd like to connect with folks who can help and give ideas/suggestions on making it "healthy"again. i also joined to make a some new friends along the way.
thanks

Welcome!
wave.gif

Welcome!
newbie.gif

I don't have any useful advice, but I don't know much about Wave Nouveau, but heard alot of people getting bad results from it.

What is your current regimen now? Are you still using wave nouveau?

i actually just got the wave about 3 weeks ago. i had heard it was less damaging than a relaxer and easier maintenance. my regimen is basic really shampoo and air dry weekly. i used cream of nature first. thought it no good so decided to use aphogee, HATED that. made my hair horribly dry.2day i did a conditioner wash using lekair cholesterol. that worked out well. left my hair less dry that aphogee. will be going back to my nexxus products come payday. i liked therappe and humectress but also want headress and another. can't remember name though. for moisture i use wave nouveau stuff and soft'n;free. can't figure out which is better though.

Back