.::Inquiry: Is there ever a "bad time" to get braids?::.

D.Lisha

Hello all!

I think I may know the answer to this question, but before I assume I figured it would be best if I consult with the professionals (you guys :))

So I ask, is there ever a "bad time" to get braids? Is there ever a time when there is too much NG for braids to be installed? I'm considering getting some Senegalese twists; however, I"m currently 8wks post relaxer. I usually stretch my relaxers to abt 13-16wks. Do you think this would be a good time to braid my hair up? If I do get it braided, I'll leave them in until sometime in Nov. I want to obtain as much NG as possible with this stretch, however I dnt want to risk damaging my precious tresses!

All Input is welcomed!

Thanks in advance :)

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

As long as your hair is not dry, breaking, or shedding excessively, you should not have a problem with braids. However, I do think you should remove or replace them within a three month time period. Make sure to take care of your own hair (as you already know).

Is there ever a time when there is too much NG for braids to be installed? I'm considering getting some Senegalese twists; however, I"m currently 8wks post relaxer.

Sorry OP but :lachen::perplexed I've never heard of anyone thinking too much NG would be a problem for braids. IMO the only bad time to get braids is right after a relaxer. IMHO kinky/ nappy hair usually looks better in braids.

Thanks for the input ladies!
I blame my "second-guessing" on my stylist....she kept raving abt how much NG and how uncooperative my hair was being the day I went to her for a silk wrap. I understand a wrap and braids are on two totally different planes when it comes to NG....however I jst thought I'd pose the question jst to make sure I was doing the right thing.
I cnt risk anymore setbacks!

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

I was about to say what the ladies have said, right after a fresh relaxer. I will add that I'm 15 weeks and I just came out of braids this week and I'm about to go back in for two weeks. I make sure to give my hair some TLC before they go in and while they are in.

Back