Inexpensive Deep Conditioners?

Nazaneen

I am heavy handed with conditioners. Idk how not to be :lol: and I've been using Joico Intense Hydrator and Joico K Pak and they are quite pricey but I'm afraid to use cheap prods. I'm on a healthy hair mission and my hair is doing better since using the Intense Hydrator and deep conditioning with heat.. My heavy handedness along with the cost and the fact that I wash my hair fairly often means I'm spending a lot on conditioners.
But I know that inexpensive products can work well too.

What are some good trustworthy deep conditioners at drugstore prices?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what prices you're looking for...

I like Eva NYC Hair mask and it's usually $14.99 for 16 oz at Ulta but they have coupons galore and it's usually on some type of sale so you can stock up if need be.

I'm not sure what prices you're looking for...

I like Eva NYC Hair mask and it's usually $14.99 for 16 oz at Ulta but they have coupons galore and it's usually on some type of sale so you can stock up if need be.

That's not a bad price for the amount. Still a little steep though :lol:
Can you get it and the coupons online?
wait i think is aw this hair mask on Forever21.com :lol: how does it smell?

yes they do have it http://www.forever21.com/Product/Pr...ry=acc_beauty&ProductID=1000118339&VariantID=

I second the Eva Nyc Mask. Shea Moistures DCs run about $12.99 for 12oz. The Superfriut and Manuka Honey one are the two I like. And SM is on sale very often.

I used the Eden body works deep conditioner last Friday for the first time. I really like that. I paid $7.99 for it at Sally's. I am relaxed but currently about 3 months post.

The best cheapo dc I've used was Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle. I left it longer than three minutes and it's really nice.

I used the Eden body works deep conditioner last Friday for the first time. I really like that. I paid $7.99 for it at Sally's. I am relaxed but currently about 3 months post.
Not too bad for 16 oz. ugh why am i so heavy handed :lol:

The best cheapo dc I've used was Aussie Moist 3 minute miracle. I left it longer than three minutes and it's really nice.

I may try this again. I think I did try it years ago but I don't remember how it was.
For less than $3 it can't hurt lol.

I buy Giovanni Deeper Moisture conditioner from New Life Systems or Massage Warehouse. 1 Gallon = about $35. 1 Liter = about $15.

Sign up for email notices on either website and you'll get codes for $3 for 3 day shipping or 15% - 20% every other week or so. During holidays, the conditioner is already discounted and you can add the $3 shipping. The last time I ordered, I only paid $35 for a gallon of conditioner and a liter of shampoo with the sale.

I buy Giovanni Deeper Moisture conditioner from New Life Systems or Massage Warehouse. 1 Gallon = about $35. 1 Liter = about $15.

Sign up for email notices on either website and you'll get codes for $3 for 3 day shipping or 15% - 20% every other week or so. During holidays, the conditioner is already discounted and you can add the $3 shipping. The last time I ordered, I only paid $35 for a gallon of conditioner and a liter of shampoo with the sale.
wow not bad!

That's not a bad price for the amount. Still a little steep though :lol:
Can you get it and the coupons online?
wait i think is aw this hair mask on Forever21.com :lol: how does it smell?

yes they do have it http://www.forever21.com/Product/Pr...ry=acc_beauty&ProductID=1000118339&VariantID=

I'm not sure... They just keep sending them to me because I go there like twice a year :lol: You can sign up for Eva NYC emails and they'll let you know when their stuff is on sale at Ulta. It's on sale right now for 11.99:

http://www.ulta.com/a/Eva-Nyc/_/N-1z13ovz?ciSelector=searchResults

I like the smell. It's a hint of vanilla with something else... It doesn't really stay in your hair long though.

Funny thing is that since I started weaning myself off of commercial products and hair products on a whole, my hair doesn't like any commercial deep conditioners at all especially those with oil.

I am primarily using natural ingredients that won't strip my sebum. I used to go through a ton of conditioner but now I am so over that. I use a natural conditioner about once a week to soften my hair.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Last edited:
Stick with what your hair likes if you can afford it. DCs are the only thing I will not skimp on. And since using professional conditioners nothing else really works on my hair.

Stick with what your hair likes if you can afford it. DCs are the only thing I will not skimp on. And since using professional conditioners nothing else really works on my hair.

I agree with SuchaLady I have to buy most of my deep conditioners online which I hate. I still do it though because they are just that good. Buying in bulk means I only have to order once or twice a year. They also double as my leave in so I kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Oh and I've seen a lot of Joico products in liter bottles at discount stores like TJ Maxx and Marshall's for around $15. Is that where you are purchasing from?

Last edited:
Silk Elements Kera Minerals Deep Conditioner is my HG. Its super moisturizing and melts the tangles away. Its about $6.00 for 12 ounces. Its often on sale for $1-2 off. I am able to buy Joico shampoos and conditioners from Marshalls for about half off the retail price.

ETA: I meant to say its often on sale at Sally's. Its actually the only place I've seen it...

Last edited:
I'm trying to figure out the same. I'm deep conditioning every week now and using up my old stash but I'm gonna have to buy a new one that is recommended to use with heat and doesn't have protein...

Good luck with your search.

Good dc's are hard to find. Stick with Joico, they hav them at TJmaxx and they get put in the clearance section every so often so you get them even cheaper. If you want to save money, get cheaper shampoos, rinse outs, leave ins etc just not dc's lol. I say this because I never used to dc my hair and now I understand why it's necessary for my hair health.

I do have a back up drugstore dc but it isn't as good. It's called Pantene dc for natural hair

Don't make your hair suffer because you know you are heavy handed and are choosing to not address that. Had argument with mom over her tearing through my conditioners with her neck length bob. Stop playing. I did her hair yesterday and she steady arguing that what I put was not enough yet her hair turned out the best it's been in a while.

You don't order pizza pies eat one slice then throw the rest out because you only like pies.

Don't waste products on your hair. It's not helping at all so continuing to do it is wasting money. Switching to cheap products because you don't want to change your techniques is backwards.

Nazaneen

Good quality conditioners make it so you only have to use moderate amount of product. You should also be incorporating heat so it can penetrate deeper. Try applying your conditioner like a relaxer in sections and maybe even putting it in a bowl

Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkinseed conditioner is great for all hair types, textures, etc. and also comes in a 16oz bottle
Here's a link:
http://darcysbotanicals.com/hair-ca...mpkin-seed-curl-moisturizing-conditioner.html

Aubreys Conditioners are also staples for moi :) J.A.Y, Island Naturals, GBP, Rose Marqueta are goodies!

When it gets harder to squeeze out of the bottle add some filtered or distilled water to it to thin it out a bit, I do this with Aubrey's conditioners too.

Shescentit has a Okra Reconstructor that is also popular on the forum and comes in 16 oz sizes.

My last suggestion is you heading to TJ Maxx-Marshalls-Home Goods and getting conditioner by the liter.... keep in mind many of them aren't deep conditioners and are rinse-out/ leave-ins.

Thanks guys Yeah, I guess I'll stick with the Joico and just try to be less heavy handed...

I'm very heavy-handed and it's worked well for me.

I use a base of cheapie conditioner (like VO5- 50¢ to $1) and add melted shea butter, coconut milk/yogurt/whole milk and essential oils.

You could skip the EOs and still have a very effective and cheap DC that you can slather on to your heart's content. :-)

I use a base of cheapie conditioner (like VO5- 50¢ to $1) and add melted shea butter, coconut milk/yogurt/whole milk and essential oils.

You could skip the EOs and still have a very effective and cheap DC that you can slather on to your heart's content. :-)

I use the Vo5's as well. I LOVE Vo5 cons... best cheap stuff out there :lol:
I mainly use te Strawberries and Cream one

hmm that sounds interesting... and cheap :scratchch

You add all that are choose 1 from the following: coconut milk/yogurt/whole milk?

I agree with @SuchaLady I have to buy most of my deep conditioners online which I hate. I still do it though because they are just that good. Buying in bulk means I only have to order once or twice a year. They also double as my leave in so I kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Oh and I've seen a lot of Joico products in liter bottles at discount stores like TJ Maxx and Marshall's for around $15. Is that where you are purchasing from?

I do purchase liters of Joico Moisture Recovery con at Marshalls but I've never seen the liters of Intense Hydrator there and I've only once gotten the regular size there at all.

Loxa Beauty which is Joico approved has a liter for 39.99... not tooooo bad.
http://www.loxabeauty.com/joico-k-pak-intense-hydrator

Last edited:
You add all that are choose 1 from the following: coconut milk/yogurt/whole milk?

I choose one I also like to work from powder since those have a longer shelf life and powders can help thicken up the consistency.

You can add a whole bunch of other stuff, but the base works well on its own. :-)

Back