In simple terms...how do you use Mega Tek

puddin

Do you use it on dry hair (oiling scalp nightly) or do you use after co-wash/shampooing (as a leave in)... and why do you have to use it with other oils...

I've searched the threads but still confused...
thanks so much ladies!!!

I use the MegaTek Rejuvenator; it comes with a small plastic bottle that you mix about 1tsp of MegaTek, fill the bottle up with water, shake and put it all over your hair/scalp. You can either leave it in or rinse out. I leave mine in.

I use the MegaTek Rejuvenator; it comes with a small plastic bottle that you mix about 1tsp of MegaTek, fill the bottle up with water, shake and put it all over your hair/scalp. You can either leave it in or rinse out. I leave mine in.

So you mix yours with water?

I could mix mine with a little water in one of those hair dye applicator bottles?

Do you use it on dry hair (oiling scalp nightly)- Yes I use it on dry hair, every other day putting it only on my scalp

do you use after co-wash/shampooing (as a leave in) - After I wash, I just apply it to my scalp and leave in until my weekly wash

why do you have to use it with other oils-I don't think you HAVE to but I think most do to stop any shedding that might occur. I add about a cap of EVOO to it to make sure there's no dryness or shedding

Do you use it on dry hair (oiling scalp nightly) I use it on dry hair daily or nightly like I would if greasing my scalp

or do you use after co-wash/shampooing (as a leave in) I used it once after shampooing but I'd rather use it on my scalp

... and why do you have to use it with other oils... Ummm, actually I just copied off the other ladies who got good results :grin:

I hope this helps

I've searched the threads but still confused...
thanks so much ladies!!![/quote]

Why is this applied just to the scalp? Why not the scalp AND hair?

How are the ingredients making the hair grow? I STILL don't get it!

Why is this applied just to the scalp? Why not the scalp AND hair?

How are the ingredients making the hair grow? I STILL don't get it!

Just scalp because it's a powerful protein, and applying it to the length repeatedly has caused issues with almost everyone who has tried it when not consciously using it as a protein treatment.

And, I wish I knew. :lol: As ingredient crazy as I am? Shooot! :lachen:

Just scalp because it's a powerful protein, and applying it to the length repeatedly has caused issues with almost everyone who has tried it when not consciously using it as a protein treatment.

And, I wish I knew. :lol: As ingredient crazy as I am? Shooot! :lachen:

Girl, I mean it is really stumping me! I'm looking at the ingredients wondering "hmmmm...I wonder where the magic is."

My hair is super duper soft though!:yep:

I was just about to start a thread like this. What I wanted to know was . . .

• What oil are ladies using to combat the shedding?
  • Are the ladies mixing it with oil then applying it? Or are they adding oil to their bottles?
  • Besides not putting it on the length of your hair are there any other best practices?

I dont like how its white. I'm gonna try it out fully today but i dont like how its white and u gotta rub it in to make it disappear.

Yeah i know i can mix it with something but i want the FULL benefits straight, no chaser.:ohwell:

What MegaTek are you using? I keep reading about different combos.

TIA :)

Oh sorry... I'm using the rebuilder. I've had it forever. It was one of the first products I loved when a newbie. I was using it every 4 weeks as a protein treatment. It NEVER dawned on me to try it on my scalp. :drunk: I'd be steppin' on hair by now. :wallbash:

I dont like how its white. I'm gonna try it out fully today but i dont like how its white and u gotta rub it in to make it disappear.

Yeah i know i can mix it with something but i want the FULL benefits straight, no chaser.:ohwell:

You only need a LITTLE bit. A TINY bit. For a part, for me, from ear to ear, I would dab my pinky finger on top of the MT three times for that part - and there is just a TINY bit of my finger each time. If you have to rub really hard to make it vanish, you might be using too much.

Can someone please elaborate on the shedding issues. Thanks! (And I have read 50% of the huge thread, I still don't get it.)

Can someone please elaborate on the shedding issues. Thanks! (And I have read 50% of the huge thread, I still don't get it.)

Some people have shedding, some people don't. The shedding usually slows/stops within 2-3 weeks. Some people are using garlic treatments to help with the shedding......

Did you have a specific concern that you wanted to have addressed, or???

This thread might also help

Last edited:
* I part the hair, apply to scalp only and add my leave-in on top of it along with a dab of castor and massage it in for about 20 seconds.

* I created a mixture spray with MT, castor oil, almond oil, olive oil, a few drops of horsetail EO, 1/2 cup of water and some of my leave-in conditioner. I will sometimes spritz my scalp with this if I don't use the other method of applying directly to scalp from the bottle.

* I don't get much shedding and never really got any but what I consider normal. My hair is growing fast (got about 1/2 inches within 2 weeks) and about 3/4 to an inch last month (after I snipped a pinch off). I purchased garlic tablets to have on hand just in case I got a ton of shedding, but it hasn't happened yet.

* I purchased mine from easypetstore.com

* Almost forgot, I know the other threads might be lengthy, but I promise you there is so much information, tips, inspiration, pics and links that you will truly benefit from spending some time going through them.

Good luck on your journey.

HTH:drunk:

Last edited:
Does it have a smell or stain?

Smells like coconuts, no stain.

Also - to make the long threads easier to read, if you go to Quick Links -> Edit Options, you can change the posts per page to 40 - it makes the thread MUCH quicker to read through (at least it feels that way to me).....

Some people have shedding, some people don't. The shedding usually slows/stops within 2-3 weeks. Some people are using garlic treatments to help with the shedding......

Did you have a specific concern that you wanted to have addressed, or???

This thread might also help

NO, that's perfect. THanks!!!

Oh sorry... I'm using the rebuilder. I've had it forever. It was one of the first products I loved when a newbie. I was using it every 4 weeks as a protein treatment. It NEVER dawned on me to try it on my scalp. :drunk: I'd be steppin' on hair by now. :wallbash:

Thanks to much :)

Back