In case you are interested, Indian place in Philly that does Henna

Mystic

treatments. I was very excited to find this place and wanted to share. Pricing is very reasonable and the people are so nice. I did a facial and eye brow threading. My eyebrows look the best ever (much better than waxing) and the arch is absolutely gorgeous. Didn't even know my eyebrow could arch like that and my face is glowing from the facial. What excites me most is the pricing:grin::grin:. I can get my hair, eyebrow and facial done for under $50 :lick:.

Henna hair treatment ....., $25
Treading......................., $5 - I paid $4.
Facial..........................., $15-20

They do other things including makeup, massage etc., but these were the ones I was interested in.

Address:
New Look Style
103 Fairfield,
Upper Darby PA 19082
484-461-7841

treatments. I was very excited to find this place and wanted to share. Pricing is very reasonable and the people are so nice. I did a facial and eye brow threading. My eyebrows look the best ever (much better than waxing) and the arch is absolutely gorgeous. Didn't even know my eyebrow could arch like that and my face is glowing from the facial. What excites me most is the pricing:grin::grin:. I can get my hair, eyebrow and facial done for under $50 :lick:.

They do other things including makeup, massage etc., but these were the ones I was interested in.

Address:
New Look Style
103 Fairfield,
Upper Darby PA 19082
484-461-7841

$4!? that's great..all the other places I know around here that do threading costs at least $10. Why did you get to pay $4 instead of $5? I think I'll have to visit this place...

Because I rarely walk with cash and all I had on me was $4 and she took it. I was so impressed with the threading that I went to the mac machine and withdrew more cash to get the other stuff done. The treading was a trial for me and she did an amazing job.

$4!? that's great..all the other places I know around here that do threading costs at least $10. Why did you get to pay $4 instead of $5? I think I'll have to visit this place...

Thanks!!! I posted a thread ages ago about buying henna in philly and got no responses. Do you know if they sell the powder too?

I pay $15 to get my eyebrows threaded in Rittenhouse Square. I'll definitely have to check this place out.

That's not too far away from me. Do you know if they sell henna, or do you have to have the treatment on site?

I've never had my brows threaded, but I hear good things about the process. And $5? Sheeeeee....:yep:

ETA: Manter, we posted at the same time. I've been trying to buy henna local to me.

Thanks!!! I posted a thread ages ago about buying henna in philly and got no responses. Do you know if they sell the powder too?

I pay $15 to get my eyebrows threaded in Rittenhouse Square. I'll definitely have to check this place out.

I didn't ask them if they sell it to customers but she did mention to me that she gets her henna from India. Maybe you could give her a call and check it out.

That's not too far away from me. Do you know if they sell henna, or do you have to have the treatment on site?

I've never had my brows threaded, but I hear good things about the process. And $5? Sheeeeee....:yep:

ETA: Manter, we posted at the same time. I've been trying to buy henna local to me.

I didn't ask them if they sell it to customers but she did mention to me that she gets her henna from India. Maybe you could give her a call and check it out.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Henna at Hair Town in Ceadarbrook Plaza... I'll have to check again the next time I go back.
Also, House of Beauty on Chestnut St. may sell it...

It never occured to me that you can get Henna treatments done professionally. I wonder where there is a spot in NYC? Off to research.

Thanks this place is close to me. I'll have to check it out. I just got my hair colored so I'll have to wait on the henna but I do need my eyebrows done. :yep:

Manter and Jhuidah, I used to buy henna from a place in West Chester but it closed. I don't know how far you are from chester county but there's an Indian store in Frazer on Lancaster Ave that sells henna, vitka (sp?), amla, and a few other hair products. I can get the name if you are interested. There is supposed to be an indian store near 69th street too but I haven't looked for it. The # was disconnected.

they sell henna at the indian food market on 44th and walnut, as well as all the powders and vatika oil.

Shoot, I totally forgot that in the same vicinity to the Indian shop are chinese, dollar shop, a supermarket, etc., and there was this shop that sells henna. I think it cost about $15 for one pack but I thought that was expensive since i used to purchase mine online for less. In addition, I am sure the Indian people would be able to recommend other places.

Manter and Jhuidah, I used to buy henna from a place in West Chester but it closed. I don't know how far you are from chester county but there's an Indian store in Frazer on Lancaster Ave that sells henna, vitka (sp?), amla, and a few other hair products. I can get the name if you are interested. There is supposed to be an indian store near 69th street too but I haven't looked for it. The # was disconnected.

Thanks for all the info. I'm at 48th and baltimore so i'm gonna check out the place in university city. i'm back home in Florida right now and i'm actually looking fwd to going back to philly... never thought those words would come out of my mouth.

There is a Indian grocery store in Exton that has henna for about $1.50 for 100 grams. They also have vatika oil, amla oil, and some of the other powders that many ladies on here use. The address is 260 N Pottstown Pike # 24 Exton, PA 19341 610-363-3600. And the name is Indian Corner. HTH.

Address:
New Look Style
103 Fairfield,
Upper Darby PA 19082
484-461-7841

I'm definitely going to have to visit this salon! How did they style your hair when they washed the henna out, or did you style it yourself at home.

That is an awesome price for Henna application. In Nashville, TN, the salon I went to for threading wanted to charge me $40 USD for a henna application. I am not sure that it including the styling of the hair too.

BTW: if you're in Nashville and want the information of the salon that does henna (I think you need to bring your own henna) you can send me a PM.

I went to New Look Style on Saturday to have my eyebrows threaded. I had no clue what to expect cuz I never had it done before. I am very impressed. They did a great job and I had no redness afterwards like I do when I get waxed. Also no residue because it's just thread. Normally when I get my eyebrows waxed I have to start plucking the next day but for some reason thats not an issue with threading.

The girls there were very nice and are thankful that Mystic put their name out there. I will definitely be going back. Next time I will get a mani/pedi too.

I never though about Henna treatments done professionally, I just check the indina website and found someone doing it for 35 dollar , I can buy it cheaper , but since I not going to the hairdresser at all 35 is not bad . Just not sure how they wopuld style my natural hair . This place I found is in Georgia area L'ville area and Decatur I have not had a chance to cal. thanks for the information

Awwww! I am so happy to read this review Jenn! The worst thing is to recommend somewhere and then have people disappointed so I am glad you share the same views about the service of this salon as I do. I will definitely be going back as well. Thanks for giving a review of your visit.

I went to New Look Style on Saturday to have my eyebrows threaded. I had no clue what to expect cuz I never had it done before. I am very impressed. They did a great job and I had no redness afterwards like I do when I get waxed. Also no residue because it's just thread. Normally when I get my eyebrows waxed I have to start plucking the next day but for some reason thats not an issue with threading.

The girls there were very nice and are thankful that Mystic put their name out there. I will definitely be going back. Next time I will get a mani/pedi too.

I styled my hair at home myself but they can straighten it for you at an additional cost. I decided to style it myself because I didn't want any heat in my hair and I wasn't sure they would be able to twist my hair the way I wanted it done.

I'm definitely going to have to visit this salon! How did they style your hair when they washed the henna out, or did you style it yourself at home.

Back