I'm scared please help!!!!

blessed

I have been having this shedding problem for some time now( some of you may remember me). I have tried to do protective hair styles, I have stop trying different products( ie Mtg, surge, etc) . I have even started using hair vitamins ( biotin, nixion) to help with this problem. At first I thought I just had a little problem and that it could be solved with extra tlc but now I believe something is seriously wrong. I have a pic to show you guys what happens when I simply wash my hair. And the weird thing is no matter how much hair I lose I have not found any bald spots which I thought I would because of the amount I loss everytime. I believe my hair is alot thinner but its not noticeable yet. But if I kept losing hair like this I will be bald very soon!!!.:( :( :( :(

http://public.fotki.com/AlwaysBlessed/my_hair_journey/extreme-shedding/1000749.html

Have you ever tried Garlic shampoo? I know some of the ladies have had success with that. Henna is an alternative as well. It is great for healthy scalp and hair and I highly reccommend it.

That does not look like normal hairloss at all. How often are you washing?

alexstin said:
Have you ever tried Garlic shampoo? I know some of the ladies have had success with that. Henna is an alternative as well. It is great for healthy scalp and hair and I highly reccommend it.

That does not look like normal hairloss at all. How often are you washing?

I second the Garlic shampoo and also try the alter ego garlic treatment. You should always incorporate this when you wash your hair.

wow blessed....unless you're doing no or low manipulation (don't comb or brush until shampoo time, braids/twists, etc.) - that's alot of hair.

there's a condition called diffused alopecia - read more about it here: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/535289

also,

if you've had a traumatic experience a few months before you noticed this (loss of relative or friend, exam week, surgery or childbirth) this can happen - but it doesn't happen right away, it's a delayed response.

a dermatologist can suggest that you have your blood tested for thyroid, PCOS and anemia or allergic conditions.

no one wants to frighten you but it may be in your best interest (emotionally & physically) if you can, see a dermatologist that way they help diagnose what's going on or if this is just an isolated problem.

Please try not to worry (i knooooow how hard this is) - stress is sooo bad for our bodies and our scalps.

lyn

blessed said:
I have been having this shedding problem for some time now( some of you may remember me). I have tried to do protective hair styles, I have stop trying different products( ie Mtg, surge, etc) . I have even started using hair vitamins ( biotin, nixion) to help with this problem. At first I thought I just had a little problem and that it could be solved with extra tlc but now I believe something is seriously wrong. I have a pic to show you guys what happens when I simply wash my hair. And the weird thing is no matter how much hair I lose I have not found any bald spots which I thought I would because of the amount I loss everytime. I believe my hair is alot thinner but its not noticeable yet. But if I kept losing hair like this I will be bald very soon!!!.:( :( :( :(

http://public.fotki.com/AlwaysBlessed/my_hair_journey/extreme-shedding/1000749.html

I feel your shedding is abnormal, we all can give you advice on what products to use, but I advise you to go see your dermatologist first and see what he/she says.

This also can be a phase from all the different product usage. I believe that your hair and scalp was doing just fine before you started using some of these products, which caused some shedding. Then you stopped in your tracks and it produced even more shedding. I would advise you to stop using those hair vitamins and take a daily multi-vitamin only. Get back to where you were before trying all these products then see what happens. IMHO:)

HTH:)

Thanks I 'm trying to get a doctors appointment. I kind of think that stress has played a part in my shedding problem. I'll kept you guys posted on what the doctor says. I pray that whatever it is it can be fixed!!!

blessed said:

Oh my!!! Okay, that looks scary! I'm so sorry you are suffering with this kind of shedding. You must have a TON of hair to lose this much hair and still have hair on your head. I would suggest you go to the doctor. I did and I finally found out what sent my hair into a resting phase and then a shedding phase....EXTREME ANXIETY AND STRESS over a surgical procedure. I hope this hasn't been said because I haven't read any of the postings. Have some blood work done - get your iron levels checked for anemia and have your thyroid checked. If all of that goes well and there's nothing medically wrong, go to the dermatologist. Mine prescribed me a shampoo called Nizoral and its working. My shedding is slowing with each wash.

Good luck. I'm so sorry about what you are dealing with. Its a terrible and scary thing.

blessed said:
Thanks I 'm trying to get a doctors appointment. I kind of think that stress has played a part in my shedding problem. I'll kept you guys posted on what the doctor says. I pray that whatever it is it can be fixed!!!

Hi Blessed, when you get your appointment, let us know the diagnosis (if you don't mind). In the meantime, limit your products to a minimum (no gels or sprays) and only handle your hair for grooming purposes...

Hi Blessed, make dure you check out the tread on Shedding.I think it's been made a sticky. I put a link about a product a Dominican salon used on my hair when it was shedding and it stopped it immediately. Hope it helps.

Wow! Yeah everyone can advise what you should use but you should consider a dermotologist first.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

LynnieB said:
wow blessed....unless you're doing no or low manipulation (don't comb or brush until shampoo time, braids/twists, etc.) - that's alot of hair.

there's a condition called diffused alopecia - read more about it here: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/535289

also,

if you've had a traumatic experience a few months before you noticed this (loss of relative or friend, exam week, surgery or childbirth) this can happen - but it doesn't happen right away, it's a delayed response.

a dermatologist can suggest that you have your blood tested for thyroid, PCOS and anemia or allergic conditions.

no one wants to frighten you but it may be in your best interest (emotionally & physically) if you can, see a dermatologist that way they help diagnose what's going on or if this is just an isolated problem.

Please try not to worry (i knooooow how hard this is) - stress is sooo bad for our bodies and our scalps.

lyn

ITA. That's a lot of shedding and it could be indicative of a medical condition.

SMALL UPDATE!!

I have gone to the doctors and he has ordered me to get some blood work done. He believes it has something to do with my thyroid. Which could also explain some other problems I have been having ( hoarse throat, skin discoloration)
Just wanted to say thanks again to all the ladies who gave suggestions I really appreciate everything that was said.
I will definitely update everyone on how things go.

blessed said:
SMALL UPDATE!!

I have gone to the doctors and he has ordered me to get some blood work done. He believes it has something to do with my thyroid. Which could also explain some other problems I have been having ( hoarse throat, skin discoloration)
Just wanted to say thanks again to all the ladies who gave suggestions I really appreciate everything that was said.
I will definitely update everyone on how things go.
I was gonna say this, too, because Ive heard that thyroid problems can cause this. Whatever the diagnosis, I hope you alleviate the problem. Just hang in there, chica.:)

Back