I'm relaxing today can I color afterwards??

PinkPeony

I'm relaxing tonight can I go ahead and color my hair right afterwards??
My color is ammonia free(black) and I'm texturized,I never colored my hair before but I really want to get it done tonight.

semi-permanent ammonia free peroxide free you're good to go

immediately after a relaxer makes it take better and last longer

I wouldn't suggest it neither. But there's been some who've used the Bigen brand safely after relaxing. I don't know about any other brands. But I CAN say that I've done this before when I was relaxed, but only with the African Pride dye kit to put some highlights in my hair. If you don't mind me asking, what kind/brand of color are you using?

I'd wait another week, I relaxed last Saturday and my gray hairs do not look good, but I bear it until this weekend at least.

I wouldnt suggest it.
thx for chiming in your hair looks very shiny in your avatar(pretty color too.. that's what I want lol)

Nooo....Only if it's a rinse. On the safe side, just wait at least a week.
does it say rinse on the package??

i hope'd you chime in it says permanent ammonia free

I wouldn't suggest it neither. But there's been some who've used the Bigen brand safely after relaxing. I don't know about any other brands. But I CAN say that I've done this before when I was relaxed, but only with the African Pride dye kit to put some highlights in my hair. If you don't mind me asking, what kind/brand of color are you using?
it's L'oreal Natural Match Ammonia free /permanent /Blackest Black
I'd wait another week, I relaxed last Saturday and my gray hairs do not look good, but I bear it until this weekend at least.
I got gray hairs too!!!
Had them since thirteen lol
I wouldnt do it unless it was a cellophane
Is cellophane the same as a rinse?
i think unless its a rinse you are supposed to wait two weeks. i say dont do it.
I thought so too but then I read here that it's ok at times.

I wouldnt suggest it but SkinteeDee's color in her hair looks nice so I guess she knows what she's talking about. Makes me want to color but Im shook.:sad:

Ok... I hoped it being ammonia free made a difference,I'll wait a week then:yep:

The recommended time for permanent coloring is usually at least 2 weeks before or after a relaxer. I seriously wouldn't suggest waiting only a week:nono:.

The recommended time for permanent coloring is usually at least 2 weeks before or after a relaxer. I seriously wouldn't suggest waiting only a week:nono:.

Yup thats what I have been told as well. Ella please wait 2 weeks just to be safe.

I agree with the other ladies. If it is peroxide free and amonia free, you it will actually take better right after your relaxer. If it is a permenant color, wait two weeks.

Semi and demi yes, but with a demi do NOT use any heat.

Permanent is a horse of a different color. that one you should wait 14 days to do.

-A

What kind is it?

What they said...semi perm (rinse/cellophane) is ok. it actually helps to seal the cuticle. :yep: BTW, the rinse will probably tingle a little at first. If it does don't panic.

Permanent color (or any color using a developer) :nono:

Last edited:
Thx everyone!
I want to colr my hair next week though so I have to get a rinse or a semi-permanent if I want to do it next week right???
I might do that or just wait two weeks and do my permanent one.

Arcadian... what do you mean no heat?
I can't ever use heat again with a permanent one????

Dee I'm NOT gonna mess with you lol:lachen::look:(you scurry lol)

plastic I never even heard of Bigen outside the boards

Penny it's Ammonia free but a permanent so I guess I'll better wait two weeks but thx!!

thx to all the other ladies:yep:

Thx everyone!
I want to colr my hair next week though so I have to get a rinse or a semi-permanent if I want to do it next week right???
I might do that or just wait two weeks and do my permanent one.

Arcadian... what do you mean no heat?
I can't ever use heat again with a permanent one????

Dee I'm NOT gonna mess with you lol:lachen::look:(you scurry lol)

plastic I never even heard of Bigen outside the boards

Penny it's Ammonia free but a permanent so I guess I'll better wait two weeks but thx!!

thx to all the other ladies:yep:

I think she means no heat when processing. You can sit under a dryer with semi permanent color.

Back