:) I'm making progress check it out!

YummyC

I had a touch up today by Kei and she did a great job. My hair is growing, finally. I'm so happy right now. Pics are in the fotki and the LHCF gallery.

WOW! You have made so much progress, and your hair is soooo shiny! Congrats...maybe you can tell us all what you did? And spill the beans on the shine :p

Thanks Synthia and Ice :)

I couldn't believe it when she was done. My hard work is really doing something. I con was 3-4 times a week and I deep con every weekend with rotating conditioners ( Kera care, salerm, UBH). Sometimes I'll do a hot oil treatment and I'l use olive oil mixed with castro oil and jojoba oil. I braid my hair into two Pippy long stocking plaits every night and oil the ends, which are then tucked under the braids( not cute ) Lol.
I don't use heat that often only about twice in a three month span.
Then there is always the heavy protein treatments which i do 6-8 weeks and the light ones whenever i feel like it.

All that has helped, but i have to say that i do eat a lot better now and I drink plenty of water daily. I also take the vitamins and i work out 3-4 times a week.

She put a mixture of leave ins before she did the rollers .....one was alter ego and the other was keracare I think, maybe thats why its shiny.

Wow your hair look great. Keep up the good work. Yesterday I was talking to a black man and he said to me how come your hair is not long and you have indian in your family. I said to him well my hair is not very long it is only armpit length at this point he said the hair under your arm is at armpit length and I said to him if I take my hair down it is at that length. Then he said to me that black women hair donot grow so long. At which point I said to him of course it can if they stop going to the salon so often. Then he agree that he would like it if more women would stop puttig the chemical on their scalp so often to the point where they would rather go bald than wear their own hair.

I had a guy ask me at work yesterday if I as wearing a wig. He was a Latin guy who dates black women. He said that black women don't have long hair and that they all were weaves. So i bent my head over and flipped it one time. Then i said look, there are no tracks and hair is hair on any race. I walked away and ran my fingers through my hair.... he stood there like a jackass LOL

That's some impressive growth there!!! Whatever your doing keep it up!! Your hair has grown so much this year alone!!

good progress. your hair is very thick and healthy looking. is this the longest your hair has been or has it been this length before and you cut it.

Last edited:
You have made super-duper progress. Your hair is so shiny and has the look of pure silk! The color is magnificent. Keep up the good work. I can only imagine what it will be like this time next year. :)

Yes, indeedy, you ARE making some great progress. Your hair is so thick, dark and silky looking. Bravo, to you! Congratulations! :)

Wow, your hair looks great. Its so full and silky. Do you have layers? I will be happy when I achieve that fullness with my hair.

locabouthair said:
good progress. your hair is very thick and healthy looking. is this the longest your hair has been or has it been this length before and you cut it.

This is the longest it has ever been. I had it just a little bit below chin length and shorter. I was not able to retain any length, but i have learned so much.

Trudy said:
Your hair looks so soft and silky. I can't wait to get some length something soon Dag!!!

It will come, don't be discouraged :) Stick to some serious hair tlc, thats what i did.

Liz25_Ga said:
Wow, your hair looks great. Its so full and silky. Do you have layers? I will be happy when I achieve that fullness with my hair.

No i don't have layers, but my hair seems to grow at different paces. ie the back grows faster than the front. Its really uneven right now but I didn't have any split ends so i refused the trim to even out.

Thanks ladies for checking out my new do, I'm so glad I stumbled across this board when I did. :)

YummyC said:
I had a guy ask me at work yesterday if I as wearing a wig. He was a Latin guy who dates black women. He said that black women don't have long hair and that they all were weaves. So i bent my head over and flipped it one time. Then i said look, there are no tracks and hair is hair on any race. I walked away and ran my fingers through my hair.... he stood there like a jackass LOL

:grin: You Go YummyC!...Great progress, your hair looks wonderful and healthy.
-lisa

Back