I'm just not getting it

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
I'm a newbie so I'm trying to get the basics down pat. I'm trying to get my moisture protein balance together and mantain my SL.
I'm still getting breakage. Is there something I'm missing? Detangling is the hardest thing for me. This is where most breakage occurs. How am i supposed to avoid it????
I'm just annoyed is all.

-Arghh

what's your current reggie?

I'm a newbie so I'm trying to get the basics down pat. I'm trying to get my moisture protein balance together and mantain my SL.
I'm still getting breakage. Is there something I'm missing? Detangling is the hardest thing for me. This is where most breakage occurs. How am i supposed to avoid it????
I'm just annoyed is all.

-Arghh

Gotta start from the beginning. Give us your reggie from washing or cowashing to oils and butters and everything in between.

Let us know if you are natural, relaxed, using color, etc.

It may be a simple manipulation problem (AKA rough hands). If you're not using a Jilbere Shower Comb, I'm about to push one on you. Sally's BSS carry them. The extra wide w/handle is about $2 and there is a wide tooth version for about the same.

Detangling under the H2O from the shower and detangling dry hair with fingers before combing are also basic. However, if you're having breaking of the ends ONLY, other parts of your regi may need to be tweaked.

Breakage doesn't stop overnight. Better to keep up trying to get balanced but mean time notice if that's causing some overall benefits. Like is the breakage slowly decreasing and your hair feeling healthier or happier for the extra care its getting. HTH

Back