I'm getting very impatient and frustrated . . .

porkypig007

I\'m getting very impatient and frustrated . . .

*sigh* Okay I'm thinking of putting braids in my hair 'cuz I feel this is probably the only way to grow it really fast. I'm getting really desperate, ya know. I know it's gonna mean no more washing weekly an stuff but I want the length NOW! and I'm thinking putting in braids for like 2 months or so will not only give me temporary length but at the same time, ya know, give me a new chunk of new growth and hopefully, be much longer. I feel like the growth is crawling . . . /images/graemlins/frown.gif So should I do braids? I mean, like you think they'll work?

Re: I\'m getting very impatient and frustrated . . .

I can relate to your frustration. Braids will not make your hair grow, but they will help retain some length. Then you have to think about the fact braids don't necessarily work for everyone. From prior posts I have read for some people it's 1 step forward and 2 steps back. I wear braids back to back, but my hair is natural so the braids do not damage my hair. My feelings on my hair growth are so up and down. One day I feel I'm not making any progress and the next I feel I'm doing great. I truly can only gauge my progress when I take my braids out and get my hair pressed. I've realized there's no use in getting frustrated because it's not going to help your hair grow any faster and if you let the frustration get the best of you eventually you will throw in the towel. I am so determined to have long hair it's almost pathetic, but it's keeps me on top of things. Just focus on caring for your hair the best you can and I guarantee you can't go wrong. /images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Re: I\'m getting very impatient and frustrated . .

Porky, I know what you mean. Sometimes I get frustrated also. But when I look at the state of my hair a year ago compared to now, I am encouraged. It looks really healthy and I'm seeing less and less breakage.

I wore braids to grow out my hair. The previous poster is right. Braids won't make your hair grow. Since you're not manipulating the hair every day, you get to see the growth process. The trick is retaining the growth that you achieve. Only after I found this board was I able to retain growth. All the previous times, I went back to all my bad habits. Not surprisingly, my hair went back to its chewed up, jacked up state.

Go for it, though. If you need more inspiration, Adrienne wore braids, which helped her get the length she has today. Just be very careful taking them out. You can do everything else right as far as washing and conditioning while in braids, but rushing through the take down process will guarantee nothing but breakage.

Thanks Legs, Your post is making me feel on the up-side now. I guess I just need to be patient. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Re: I\'m getting very impatient and frustrated . .

Kitkat, thanks for the words of encouragement. I just might keep doing what I've been doing. Tomorrow is "wash day" actually, can't wait. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I understand what u are going through. I use to wear braids all the time and I mean all the time. You will get the length, but when u relax it, 6 months down the line it all comes out. THis may not be for everyone, but after U take the braids out you cannot get a relaxer right away, you wold have to wait a month or 2. I learned the hard way. I wanted to put them in so badly, but I looked at my hairline and want againest it. The good thing is that its still cold and if u keep caring for your hair u will get the length by summer.

I got 1' of new growth from December and know and my hair is the longest it's ever been at the bottom of my neck, so dont give up and maybe the braids can help u.

I understand your frustration, and I did the exact thing had some braids put in and I can't wait till it's time to take them out. I was aiming on keeping them in for 2mths also but don't think I'm gone make it /images/graemlins/crazy.gif My new growth is out of control, on the 21st of this month my braids will have been in for a month and I'm taking them out. I have about 1/2 to 1 inch of new growth but I have a problem holding on to what growth I get. These braids have helped me keep my hands out my head /images/graemlins/smile.gif which is a good thing, because I would look at my hair 50 times to day, I guess looking for some change, and I think that is what was adding to my frustration, so putting some briads in might not be a bad idea. It's what you do with your hair after there out. I don't know what my next step is but, I will keep you guys posted. But in the meantime stay focused and positive and you will get the results your looking for. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Relaxed 4a thin hair
Current Length: Different Lengths 3-7inches w/ the front and sides being the shortest.
Goal: Even Healthy Shoulder Length Hair

Back