I'm dripping oil..Help!

CurvesAndCurls

Hey Divas!

My hair is currently under a kinky curly sew in and I've been keeping my hair moisturized by spraying my braids with water or submerging my entire head while in the shower and following up with a mixture of oils I have in an applicator bottle.

The problem is that I'm in Georgia for the summer and although I'm used to the humidity, I am outside most of the day doing a ton of walking. The oil keeps dripping down my neck and face and it is really uncomfortable and kind of embarrassing! I don't want to use a shea butter based leave in because I don't have the access to really do a scrub like cleanse on cleanse day.

What other ways can I keep my hair moisturized? TIA!

You could also try Baggying at night with Water (Spritz), Oil, Crème or whatever you're using at night when you get in.

Or overnight (if it doesn't over moisturize you)

It may make a huge difference during the day locking that moisture in.

Its not necessary to moisturize/seal under your sew-in daily. Also the wetting of your install can make for mildew and funk if it doesn't dry properly (I have caught whiffs of funky sour smelling weaves and real hair too many times to count on a daily basis but that's a whole other thread:look:) You also will potentially have more matting and tangling from doing this. I think the main thing is to shampoo thoroughly and condition well. I would have done a protein treatment & moisturizing conditioner before my install and it wouldn't hurt to do one after. I would limit moisturizing to 1-3 times a week tops:yep:

Back