I'm Doing Henna and Need your help:

DrC

This is the Henna I am using:

30WEEKSPOST_ITSGOTIME9-vi.jpg

And I want:

-Red Tint
-Popping Curls

Any suggestions??

* I know there are threads on Henna but since Henna techniques and recipes are so broad, its difficult for me to narrow down what I want in particular*

The henna threads really do help though. I understand that you want to make your own. There is really no way that you can mess up with henna in my humble opinion. Mix whatever you want in it but I recommend that you wash it out with conditioner and not shampoo.

I've never seen that henna before but it looks good

To get red you have to do a lot of applications. Mine started out as an orange glow and is now kind of a cherry cola color

Henna has never affected my curls

Dont use that shikakai bar, first thing

There is shikakai and amla in the henna mix.

The navratna is nice on ur scalp, but it's not going to really help the henna give you a brighter red stain

You could add some oil(any oil) to the henna mix like 1tbsp to 10 oz of mixed henna paste

How dark is your hair, the stain from henna shows up on dark hair only in direct sunlight

Beet juice is interesting, hibiscus works well too, sorrell also.

good luck, rinse well
Don't use that bar

Besides the henna thread here, here is a link to some mixes from the henna for hair site. most of them already had light(er) hair to begin with or have been henna-ing for a while so the colors are more vibrant... but still the concoctions should help in your quest. (i used to use Tanja's, Ixchel's and Ravyns mixes for dark hues)

Damaged but not out oh I'm not using the other products, just the Henna. I haven't seen that vatika oil in over 6 months. :look: :rofl:

Since its always summer where Im at, my hair is a medium reddish brown.

Dont use that shikakai bar, first thing

There is shikakai and amla in the henna mix.

The navratna is nice on ur scalp, but it's not going to really help the henna give you a brighter red stain

You could add some oil(any oil) to the henna mix like 1tbsp to 10 oz of mixed henna paste

How dark is your hair, the stain from henna shows up on dark hair only in direct sunlight

Beet juice is interesting, hibiscus works well too, sorrell also.

good luck, rinse well
Don't use that bar

leiah How many applications did it take for you to get results??
I got the Henna from an Indian Store. It was either that, or some Henna made in Japan at another store :perplexed (umm nooooo) lol

I've never seen that henna before but it looks good

To get red you have to do a lot of applications. Mine started out as an orange glow and is now kind of a cherry cola color

Henna has never affected my curls

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Back