I'm Cutting Off All My Hair...

afrofaithful

So, after four years. I'm throwing in the towel. My hair sucks and I hate it. It's been the same length for the past two years, and now it's finished. My ends are see through, my hair has gotten ridiculously thin, my crown is like maybe 6-8 inches and is constantly breaking, and I just CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

Will post pics of my meltdown in a few days.

Just wanted to rant and have someone stroke my impending bald head and tell me everything will be alright...:cry3:

ETA: Thanks everyone for your advice. I decided to cut though. I've posted some pictures of my fro now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    708.1 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
So, after four years. I'm throwing in the towel. My hair sucks and I hate it. It's been the same length for the past two years, and now it's finished. My ends are see through, my hair has gotten ridiculously thin, my crown is like maybe 6-8 inches and is constantly breaking, and I just CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

Just wanted to rant and have someone stroke my impending bald head and tell me everything will be alright...:cry3:

@afrofaithful
:bighug:
Hi! It will be alright though it may not look that way. If you have not already cut all your hair off I would suggest you put down the scissors and instead tell us a little bit about your regimen, life changes, recent illnesses and changes in medicine if you take any. I wouldn't chop it all off until you find the reason for your breakage because it will just continue until you find the cause.

Thanks ladies for all your responses. I just feel my hair is so far gone and the only way to have healthy hair is to start over.

My regimen is kind of non-existent. I do have specific products I use, but I don't have specific intervals in which I use them. So I may wash my hair just whenever. I do mostly wear it in a bun or ponytail on wet hair after a cowash. Maybe I've been overloading my hair with moisture or something. I have tried protein and it seems to help, but there's too much damage to deal with without making it worse.

Thanks ladies for all your responses. I just feel my hair is so far gone and the only way to have healthy hair is to start over.

My regimen is kind of non-existent. I do have specific products I use, but I don't have specific intervals in which I use them. So I may wash my hair just whenever. I do mostly wear it in a bun or ponytail on wet hair after a cowash. Maybe I've been overloading my hair with moisture or something. I have tried protein and it seems to help, but there's too much damage to deal with without making it worse.

That may be part of the problem creating a regimen with a schedule makes a huge difference, but I would definitely suggest not cutting it. You should definitely look into the Komaza analysis that has helped many women on this board create a strong regimen.

Where has the damage come from? Chemical, thermal, or mechanical?

How about starting a basic regimen of wash, deep condition, and style once a week.

Last edited:
Bunning on wet hair or pony tails for some ppl can b the devil. Me included. Snap city! N u get that constant length dilemna depending on the pattern of ur buns and hair ties. The crown is usually the first to go too.

Maybe try trim and braided/rolled/pinned styles for a while on dry hair.

That could be true for me, my crown is in shambles.

It would be such a shame to chop off all that beautiful head of hair of yours. Maybe a trim.

Anyway did you chop it off? What is the latest news on your hair now??

I feel you, afrofaithful. I sometimes feel this way. I wonder if I just cut it off and start all over if I could grow it out to my waist successfully. These splits that I find on my hair strands are horrible!

((BIG HUG))
ITA! Before you give up, start a regular, scheduled simple regimen. It's worth it!
In my times where I wanna give up, I just put my hair away to protect it from myself. Then start tweaking my regi when I'm over the urge to shave/chop.

My simple regi was rocking wigs/headwraps and alternating between mini braids.
When wigging, I would rock cornrows under wigs/headwraps M-F. Braidout for date night on Friday. Redo the cornrows on Saturday. Then wash/DC the cornrows on Sunday. It was really simple and protective. I also was treated to feeling my hair out once/week. You can also throw in some water rinses or cowashes in the morning shower without much of a hassle.

I hope you find something soon that works for you. GL! :)

It would be such a shame to chop off all that beautiful head of hair of yours. Maybe a trim.

Anyway did you chop it off? What is the latest news on your hair now??

I did chop it off! I added some pics to the OP. I feel much better about it. It's not that bad lol. I just wanted a fresh start instead of my hair being a hassle and having to constantly focus on it. I've never had my hair this short before! I think I'll still get the komaza analysis to help me form a solid regimen. I can't afford it right now though.

I did chop it off! I added some pics to the OP. I feel much better about it. It's not that bad lol. I just wanted a fresh start instead of my hair being a hassle and having to constantly focus on it. I've never had my hair this short before! I think I'll still get the komaza analysis to help me form a solid regimen. I can't afford it right now though.
Lol it's about the same length of mine now & I've been growing mine for 2 years

Back