I'm back! And starting from scratch: 2nd BC

choconillaprincess

Hello everyone... I've been m.I.a. For quite a bit of time(making some major life changes and doing a bit of growing up) a few months ago I did a second BC and have had about an inch of growth since (pics in fotki)... And I plan on doing some major hair growing and surpassing my previous length in less time... I was a bit past bsl when I did the chop... I was not very serious about my hair growth before and made many poor choices but I am much more focused this time around and am looking forward to my new hair journey!

Any who I've got some questions I'm trying to create a new hair regi and if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

I've ordered a bottle of megatek and it should be in soon... But I'm worried about my moisture/protein balance... I'm absolutely addicted to mane and tail conditioner (which I use alternatively with suave humectant) should I quit using this product to prevent protein overload?

Also any suggestions on dc's that I don't have to order online or pay an arm and a leg for?

I will post my intended regi and if anyone finds fault in anything or finds any products incompatible please let me know

Wash w/dr bronner's (I'm a frequent washer everyday to every other day)
Con dish w/ suave humectant
Use av gel as leave in ( still undecided about this step)
Apply MT to scalp
Seal with whatever oil I have available probably hot six
French braid( my hair is quite short its about the only protective style I can do)
Baggy
spritz in the am with stasofro

Any help would be wonderful sorry for such a lengthy post
Glad to be back!
Happy hair growing everyone!

Congrats on bcing... I'm sure it will go well
For your reggie I'm curious as to why you use such a cleansing soap every other day or more? Do you have an extremely oily scalp? If you just like the feeling of water frequently you can always use your suave conditioner as a cowash for moisture. If you don't like co washing maybe only shampoo 1-2x a week. Just a thought otherwise it looks good... As for Mane and Tail it depends on your hair... If it gets hard or dry discontinue it but for many ladies it works great even as a leave in.
As for a dc Elasta QP DPR 11 (sallys beauty supply) & Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose (whole foods / gnc) are both good conditioners for deep conditioning and Keracare Humecto (sallys beauty supply).
For protein you can just add amino acids or mayo to a moisturizing conditioner I think... I'm sure more will chime in.
I love your curls they're lovely.

Last edited:
Hi. Visited your fotki & your BC looks good! The only "concern" I have in your regi is about the Dr. Bronners and using it very frequently. I imagine using it often could lead to dryness if you aren't careful. Why are you unsure about using the aloe vera gel as a leave-in? I use it or aloe vera juice as a leave-in and it works awesome for me.

I guess that's it... Hopefully others can provide more suggestions!

I too think the use of Dr. Bronners that frequently will cause dryness. As for the DC, i'm currently in love with SE megasilk olive moisturizing treatment from Sallys. It makes my hair feel delicious.

If your hair is low porosity and coarse you can pretty much use only moisturizing products and humectants. If your hair is high porosity you will need protein products.I'm guessing your hair will need more moisture/low porosity because you are just big chopped.

I wouldn't use the Dr. Bronners because I've read it can be drying. Maybe try a moisturing shampoo and wash 2x a week max.

Suave Humectant left my hair feeling glossy but not moisturized.....your hair may like it.

If your hair is low porosity you may hate anything aloe...if it does, try glycerin or honey because they are humectants.

I used Hot Six and don't think its bad, but Castor Oil or EVOO may be a better choice.

HTH. Good Luck!

Thanks for the responses! I'm not quite sure about the porosity of my hair but normally I use creamy products which is why I am questioning the av gel... As for the dr b's I've just always had good results from using it regularly seems to make it very silky and smooth... The only good shampoo I've used otherwise is creme of nature but from what I understand it is also a protein... ive never tried glycerin... That may be an option

Your hair is beautiful---curls & color.

I cut my hair exactly like you cut yours when I do my BC. Tapered in the back and a little longer in the front. Looks great!!

Back