I'm a newbie- with a question of course

christie_love

I\'m a newbie- with a question of course

I've been lurking for a while. And everything I wanted to know about hair I've learned from you ladies, and the ladies at napptuality.com.

I've been transitioning since July 28(last relaxer), and I've been wearing my hair in a puff since my birthday in October. I pressed it once, it was a little past shoulder length. But I like my 4a coils more.

I have about 4.5 in. of new growth, and I'm not sure how much of the relaxed ends are left.

I'm not big on change, it really hadn't bothered me to wear my hair like this everyday. I've enjoyed the journey. I plan on doing the big chop on my one yr anniversary.

Recently, I've been contemplating a color change and a hennalucent treatment. Which brings me to my question. I want to use L'Oreal Excellence Cremelights a highlighting kit(used by a member at napptuality)it supposedly has no ammonia. And I would also like to try the Hennalucent treatment(learned about here)for extra protection against any damage. I want to know how I should go about this.

My other option is a semi-permanent rinse. My hair is brown/black. If I wanted to use a semi-permanent rinse-reddish brown, how can I get it to show this bright color, or is it possible.

It is possible that I want to do too much, that's why I wanted to ask. I trust and value your opinions and advice.

Thanks,

Christie

Re: I\'m a newbie- with a question of course

welcome to the board first of all,
now i think you should decide first what you want to do with your hair.
do you want it to be lighter or do want a red hue or do you want to color and condition it at the same time? cause that's what i did and i used bigen hairpowder and that stuff is great. it does not contain ammonia or any other damaging stuff. i just ordered three packages.

i think you would be able to give you hair a touch of red/reddish brown but you just have to leave the color in long enough.

i hope i was helping you at least a little.
drunk.gif

Re: I\'m a newbie- with a question of course

Hi christie love!
Well, I dont know the first thing about hair coloring and using Hennalucent...but I know someone on here will be able to assist you(everyone it seems has their own area of expertise, so ask and you will get all the info you need!)
Oh and by the way, WELCOME!!!

Back