If you were a huge celebrity, would you be rocking your real hair...

If you were a huge celebrity, would you rock your real hair?

• Yes I would, no fake hair for me

Votes: 73 27.5%
  • Only for protective styling/versatility

Votes: 114 43.0%
  • I would wear fake hair until my real hair was much longer

Votes: 43 16.2%
  • Honestly...I would probably never be seen in public with my real hair

Votes: 35 13.2%

• Total voters

zara

or would you wear fake hair?

I thought about this when I was flipping through a magazine and realised that every AA woman in there was wearing a weave or wig(you know I can spot a lf from a mile away).

Also would you lie that it was your hair? I noticed this is also common practice with celebrities when discussing their hair in editorial pieces or endorsing products.

Just a fun question, let's keep it light ladies:)

I doubt it. After 10 years of off and on braids I've had my fill of fake hair. I'd just have to work with what I've got and rock it the best way possible. Besides, if I was a celebrity I'd have the money to hire the very best hair professionals anyway.

I wouldn't wear my real hair b/c all the heat/lights/etc. would do too much damage to it and I'm extremely hair conscious. I wouldn't EVER say it's my real hair tho. That's just silly.

I picked only for protective styling because I love my hair. I am transitioning, and I am sure I will like it even more after I am done transitioning.

With all the amenities and access celebs have to professionals that could keep your hair it's healthiest I don't see why you wouldn't wear it. But if there's a special event and you're going for a certain look then I can see where the fake hair comes into place.

I don't think I would. I like being able to see and play with my own hair too much for that. I guess I would rock fake hair for certain events though.

Well, I wear fake hair now and I'm not a celebrity, so I don't see that changing when I become a celebrity superstar. :laugh:

Unless I started wearing locs. The last time I locked my hair, I found it wasn't easy to wear wigs. My locs, at the time, were as thick as my pinky.

Like another poster said, I would admit to wearing faux hair though. There's no reason to fib about it and I really don't know why people in the spotlight do when we can all spot the tracks.

I think I would switch it up. I like versatility as it is now, so if I had access to the best weaves and stylists, I'd love to try new things. And I wouldn't lie about it because it would be too obvious. One day I'd have short hair the next week I would have it long and curly, so there would be no question. Even though I have a complex about weaves/wigs - I'm working on it in my real life now...lol.

I'm not into fake hair now so I wont be into fake hair as a celeb.
For a role or something of course, but walkin down the street for my paparazzi pix, no way.

I love my natural hair...but I think I would rock lacefronts just for the fun of it (and becasue i've secretly been wanting to wear one lol) and a different look...in my down time when im not out "being a celeb" id rock my own hair

and oh trust ppl would know what is fake hair vs real hair on me...like really, why lie

I would definitely switch it up. I think one of the biggest parts of being a celebrity is always looking your best and sometimes that includes having lots of different looks. In either case I think this would require plenty of heat, styling, and other manipulation that would eventually ruin my hair. I also think that fake hair can also save time and energy when getting ready for the cameras.

This is a good thread OP. I would rock weaves with the BEST HAIR AND CLOSURES until I reach APL.

Have some of you noticed that when you see a celeb's real hair, it's not that impressive. (Not all...but some)

You would think that since they have money they would have really good hair, but sometimes they don't. I've seen Bey's hair with her rocking all those lacefronts, I'm not impressed with her hair. She had really pretty hair when she was little.

I think that since they are SOOOOOO busy, sometimes they don't care about healthy hair practices and just go with what looks good. :look:

beyonce_real_hair_3.jpg

images

Well, I wear fake hair now and I'm not a celebrity, so I don't see that changing when I become a celebrity superstar. :laugh:

Unless I started wearing locs. The last time I locked my hair, I found it wasn't easy to wear wigs. My locs, at the time, were as thick as my pinky.

Like another poster said, I would admit to wearing faux hair though. There's no reason to fib about it and I really don't know why people in the spotlight do when we can all spot the tracks.

I’m with you on this one I wear "FAKE" hair as we're calling it and I don't see what the big deal is... My hair grows like wild fire under it... Also of the all the women I know who wear "FAKE" hair they have some of the longest hair I've seen, but they love the fact that they can do what ever to the hair and not worry about damage.... Also I'm not into trying to pull off the OH THIS IS MY HAIR trick either...

Some times it looks so good that folks think it's mine and when I tell them it's not they're like what?!! Girl don’t tell anybody that... It looks like yours... I then let them know well it's not, and by telling them it's not mine they want to know who did it and it brings my cousin more customers....
:grin:

The key word is manipulation. As a celebrity you could have two photo shoots in a day and then an interview and concert that night. Each time you would have to get your hair done in a different way. Even in one concert, you may change clothes and hairstyles several times. If you left your real hair out, you would risk damaging it. I would probably go the lace wig route so that they could be changed out often by my hair dresser that I would have traveling with me.

Only on my down time. With all the heat appliances and hair spray they use on photo shoots, on the set and/or before going on stage that would take a toll on my hair.

Who knows.... The only black owman I see on TV wearing her hair is Robin Roberts... Of Good Morning America.....

She was 'forced' in a way to go that way.. after cancer though....

I would wear fake hair when I had to undergo multiple costume/hairstyle changes - I'm thinking photoshoots and performances.
Interviews - I'd be wearing my own hair.
Magazine articles - own hair.
Walking down the street on my day(s) off - own hair.
Basically, I'd only wear the fake hair when I would not be willing to allow my own hair to be manipulated as much as is required, and I would have a stylist that I could work with who would come up with concepts and ideas that supported the wearing, and low-manipulation styling of, my real hair.

or would you wear fake hair?

I thought about this when I was flipping through a magazine and realised that every AA woman in there was wearing a weave or wig(you know I can spot a lf from a mile away).

Also would you lie that it was your hair? I noticed this is also common practice with celebrities when discussing their hair in editorial pieces or endorsing products.

Just a fun question, let's keep it light ladies:)

I would alternate between real and fake, to protect my natural hair. Plus wearing fake hair can be fun sometimes, to me at least. And you're right, alot of these Black American celebrities lie about their hair for some reason, I buy SBH mag and it's just shameful to say the least:nono:

it all depends if im as famous as Beyonce i would switch from my real hair to fake hair... fake hair can protect your hair from all that heat damage....

if i'm just on tv once in a while like Megan good i would rock my real hair majority of the time..

I would wear a lacefront or weave whenever I was doing publicity, concerts, movies whatever. I wouldn't want to damage my own hair with heat styling and the like. I would wear my own hair on my down time. I wouldn't lie though. I would tell the truth and I would tell why. Gabriel Union said when she did Bring it on, that was her real hair. By the time the film was over her hair was so damaged she had to cut it. So now thats why she wears weaves.

when I was performing or shooting...it would be weave/wig but the in between times, I'd rock my own hair. my girlfriend is amateur (just getting into the business) and she has chosen to weave up her gorgeous natural hair (APL) b/c all the heat and junk started causing a lot of damage.

It depends. I would for the most part, but all that frying, dying, and heat they do, I'd have to come to a compromise with them.

Yo, bring on the hollywood hair,, :)

but seriously, I would only wear to protect my real hair and do as less manipulation as possible..

And then, I have to question the styling choices that force you to use heat, and back combing, and all that other unhealthy ish. You can have good looking hair without all that - and if I was that big of a star, I would demand that ish. Screw colorcoded M&M's, I want a stylist with no heated instruments in her/his bag!

No way. The lights, manipulation for photo shoots usually by stylists who know nothing about healthy hair practices, and the constant changes can wreak havok on your real hair. Unless you are famous enough to always have your personal stylist on call, definitely not.

One thing to consider is what kind of celebrity.

A singer who is on tour, probably getting from place to place on a bus, or by plane probably wouldn't have a whole lot of time to give her own hair the attention it needs. Unless natural hair is part of her image.

As far as being an actress, it would seem to make more sense to weave while shooting. And one has to take into account the character that the actress is playing. Her own hair may not fit whatever the script calls for.

As much as I would want to just wear my natural hair, I think being a celebrity requires a lot of flexibility.

So I would do whatever fits the situation.

i would still rock my puffs every now and again
and just buy better quality wigs

fame & fortune wouldn't change me

Back