If you relax and then transitiong does your hair...

drjo91

Go back to the way it was when it was natural or does the texture changes. I am seeing pictures of my natural hair when i was younger and i really love the way it looks. I was just wondering if when i BC, is my hair when it gets let say to APL is going to be the same texture as i had it lol?

I'm no expert but I'll offer my input.
1. I think it depends on the person and the texture and the age bracket.
2. How young are you in the pictures you are talking about?
I have recently noticed texture changes in unrelaxed little girls' hair just due to age and also I think hormones. 2 of my nieces who have never had relaxers have a different texture than they had 2 years ago. Something changed in the texture. So I'd say you have to be mindful of the "hair of your youth" that you are reaching back to find.

Me for example, I think my end natural texture will be like 9 year old 'me'
But I will not get back to the hair I had in my preschool pictures. That texture will not come back to me again.

My natural hair texture when I was younger doesn't look anything like my roots coming in. I think because I was a lot healthier then. You know taking vitamins daily eating healthy and all that jazz. I notice that my hair texture has changed alot over the years though...so :ohwell:

Go back to the way it was when it was natural or does the texture changes. I am seeing pictures of my natural hair when i was younger and i really love the way it looks. I was just wondering if when i BC, is my hair when it gets let say to APL is going to be the same texture as i had it lol?

Probably not. Hair changes with age. Which explains why when you see pictures of Caucasian children they usually have blonde hair, which usually turns brown with age. My hair was 2b when I was little and it's changed to 3c

Back