If you are trying to go organic, take a look at this info for tips! :)

MrJohnsonsRib

I was looking around for curl activators and other products that could help my hair and after a sequence of clinking from link to link I came to www.curlmart.com after seeing MyHoneyChild Curl Activator on a search and I found this info that was really good to see because it's nice to have things broken down for you, especially in one thread... so hope these explanations/ descriptions help you remember or figure out what you should be looking for because I know I learned when I read thru these(hope this isn't a re-post, if so, sorry):

Protein-free

Proteins, hydrolyzed proteins, and amino acids can all be wonderful conditioners for chemically-processed and damaged hair. However, in some cases (especially in healthier hair), proteins and their building blocks can accumulate inside the hair shaft and on the surface of the hair, creating a brittle and dry texture that is undesirable. For these protein-sensitive consumers, it is important to have on hand some products that do not contain these ingredients.

Silicone-free

Silicone-free: Silicone and its many derivatives are great for adding gloss to hair and for providing emollient and detangling properties. However, some users find that product heavy in these ingredients can build up on the hair and cause problems with frizz and dryness. Also, most silicones are not soluble in water, and can really build up on the hair if a “no-poo” or gentle poo routine is used. Dimethicone copolyols and PEG-modified dimethicones are water soluble and can be used by those who do not frequently shampoo.

Sulfate-free

This designation refers specifically to the anionic surfactants sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, ammonium lauryl sulfate, and ammonium lauryl ether sulfate. These cleansers are very strong and can be quite harsh for delicate, curly hair. This is especially true for those with chemically processed or dry, damaged hair. (This does not apply to any of the sulfosuccinate cleansers, which are much more gentle detergents, and which are not sulfates, strictly speaking).

Paraben-free

Parabens (methyl-, ethyl, propyl-, butyl-, isobutyl-) are preservatives very commonly found in personal care products. Due to recent publications citing potential correlations with some health problems associated with use of products containing these additives, many consumers find it less worrisome to simply use products that do not include these ingredients.

Glycerin-free

Glycerin can dissolve and remove hair color from semi-permanent dyes or larger dye molecules such as reds. Glycerin can also cause or worsen dry hair in extremely dry climates.

Organic

There is not currently regulation regarding the designation of personal care products as organic. However, we at NaturallyCurly.com are pleased to offer you products containing a significant quantity of certified organic ingredients. You can feel confident in your choice to use these eco-conscious and more simple products. Hair care products containing organic ingredients almost always also contain non-organic ingredients, such as preservatives, so reading labels carefully is a good idea.

Some stuff we know and some we might not know. I sure didn't think that glycerine is a bad idea in such a dry cold place such as where I am. I maybe should quit my search for an activator now that I read thru all of this and go for me something that does....I hope this can be useful to anybody-somebody! lol!:lachen:

Back