IF It's breaking and your doing Everything right look in here

IntoMyhair

hello ladies

i have been complaining and worrying and wondering what was causing my hair to break and after following everyones advice of everything and i tried everything over the past couple of months but you no what for the past 2 weeks i have not had anywhere near as much broken hairs
i was seeing broken pieces after time i touched my hair

my routine was to co wash 2 times a week and deep condition 1 once a week i only combed my hair on those days my detangle sessions where nightmares because since i was having so much breakage i had a lot of broken and shed hairs tangled up in my hair ( i saw a post about detangling with 2 combs and that helped get all those bits and pieces put )

anyway I'm only 5 or 6 weeks post and do you no with very little new growth it was hard to detangle my hair i expected my dangle session to be so bad that i did not cowash my hair this week only deep con'ed friday and my detangle time was like silk an so easy thanks to the fact of the 2 combs thing

any way guess what was causing my breakage and i had been doing it for a really long time

WET BUNNING AND BUNNING PERIOD
i was a protective style wet bunner though out my last relaxer stretch all those weeks i relaxed early because i couldn't stop the breakage i was going though and thought it was my hairs way of saying 14 weeks is to long perm me my hair still broke after perming after a mild protein treatment after moisturizing after everything

i had used h20 late last year in December when i bought it (Yes my hair was breaking since last year) and when i used h20 that was the only time the breakage slowed down because i did not bun my hair for a week to 2 weeks of using H

i thought my bunning was safe because i changed up the position but when I'd go to wet wet my pony tail length and seal i had all this broken hairs
my last deep con last Saturday i used atone because of my shedding since it has no protein and since yesterday was the first water hit my hair since and any comb i had about 10 to 15 shed hairs and I'm going to say maybe 2 broken hairs

so i have not bunned my hair for 2 weeks now when i co wash i do the scarf method and 2 strand twist the back no more bunning for me

my detangles where so bad I'd be combing my hair from the bottom up and has i got to the top i could see stings of my hair draw sting up as i was going down

Den1 said something a while ago about mid shaft breakage and thats what i was having

any way i wanting to wait and test out my idea before i was OK with posting the results and it was the bunning after co washing deep conditioning moisturizing oi would either phony pony my hair pr walk around the house with a baggy on the end my hair wash always in a pony tail either high low center or off to the side

now I'll scarf method the front twist the back put on some perm robs in the morning use take out the damp twists us some type of clip and pin my hair up

but I'm switching from that to a small French roll

no more bunning for me

I remember in a high school I always wore buns and I went to a hairdresser who told me my hair was breaking because of the buns. I usually just use a claw in my hair or wear 2-4 braids. Hair is more fragile when it's wet, so I suppose the buns made the hair dry that way therefore the breakage.

blue_flower said:
I remember in a high school I always wore buns and I went to a hairdresser who told me my hair was breaking because of the buns. I usually just use a claw in my hair or wear 2-4 braids. Hair is more fragile when it's wet, so I suppose the buns made the hair dry that way therefore the breakage.

I am not a fan of wet buns or wet anything either, I do a lot of buns in a week but I think my hair always do better if I dry it first. I also noticed that when I apply moisturizer and oil after the third day I have to wash or it will cause a lot of breakage. So, I guess we are doing great; we are paying attention and learning the things that work or don’t work for our hair.

Wow, thanks for posting this, it's something to consider. I never like bunnning wet because my hair never dries and that bun is so teeny!

But sweety next time you post such great information please please use some periods and punctuation, it was kind of difficult for me to read. :)

I'm sorry I'm kind of in a rush. Where taking the kids to see TMNT.
Kind of just put the post up there. lol

Movie starts at 12:50

Back