I went to Sally's today

Victorian

old head
I went to Sally\'s today

I went for shampoo and a new creamy leave-in (I'm almost out of Break-Free), and believe it or not I came out with only ONE extra product. Amazing
laugh.gif

I was going to get Creme of Nature shampoo but all they had were the huge sizes for like $7. So instead I got one of the Generic shampoos. It's supposed to be extra gentle, and it says "compare to: Redken Amino Pon Extra Gentle Shampoo" It doesn't have any SLS or SLES in it, and it certainly doesn't have the ammonium sulfates like my Thermasilk does (yuck!). I haven't tried it yet so I'll tell you how it works later...

I was going to try the Profectiv mega growth instead of break-free, but then I saw that the Beyond the Zone SplitMender was on sale. I remembered reading a few good things about it so I went for it. I put a little in my hair but I already had stuff in it so I can't give a real verdict except that I like the consistency. There was a profectiv spray leave-in that I almost bought. It's called Damage-Free or something like that. Every time I go to Sally's I see the little spot for it in the display but it's never there. I figured there must be something I don't know about this product if they can't keep it on the shelf...but anyway the splitmender was cheaper so I decided that next time I'll try that Damage-Free. It looked nice. Has anyone here ever tried it?

The other thing I got is Beyond the Zone Acid Shock. It's a conditioning booster. You use it with your regular conditioner, half and half. It has a low pH (3.8) and helps close the cuticle and add shine and stuff. I posted yesterday about having some elasticity issues so I thought I might add this to my conditioner and see if it helps.

So that's all I got. Well, actually I went to walmart afterwards and got some butterfly barettes for my hair. But that's it.
laugh.gif

No more products for me for a while. Unless I have to replenish my GPB which I anticipate will be the next thing I have to buy. But that won't be for a while yet.

Alright I guess I don't have anything else to say. I just get excited when I buy new hair products and I wanted to share
laugh.gif

Re: I went to Sally\'s today

Hey---I went to Sally's today too. I wanted to check out the Lustrasilk to read the ingredients but they were all out. I got the L'Oreal Unfrizz smoothing shampoo and I also got the Beyond the ZOne 911 Split End ENd Mender. I tried it unofficially today on dry hair and I think I like it. Like you, I like the consistency as well.
smile.gif
I don't like the smell however.

I saw the acid shock and wanted to get that but since it wasn't on my list--I didn't pick it up.

BC,

It sounds like you came out well with everything. So glad you got a shampoo without harsh ingredients too
smile.gif

That's the one, Daviine
smile.gif

Does your split mender actually say 911 on it? Mine looks like the one on the Sally's website here. I think there may be a newer packaging or something. Like the name on the page is different than on the bottle. Same with the Acid Shock (Sally's calls it Shock Treatment on the page, even though it says Acid Shock on the bottle). Weird...
Anyway, yeah I'm not in love with the smell either. I mean it's alright but I like when hair stuff smells GOOD. Somehow I failed to stick my nose in it while I was in the store. Oh well.

Mine doesn't say 911 on it and it looks like the one in the picture. I just reapplied some and even though my hair is soft right now, the smell is really horrid---very chemical-smelling. I may try to mix it with something better smelling. If that doesn't work--back to Sally's it goes.

Yes I was---but I made up for it with a superlong post!!!!

Hi supergirl
wave.gif

Can that acid shock stuff replace an acv rinse? I'm really gettin' sick of acv rinses.
laugh.gif
. Great results true, but I hate mixing everyday and I hate the smell after I've just using a good smelling conditioner.

Hey ladies
wave.gif

I like what the acid shock does to my hair--I could tell the difference in that my individual strands felt smoother and silkier. It wasn't fall out on the floor, OMG! silky, but I could tell the (positive) difference.
HOWEVER
The smell of that stuff is pretty atrocious. It's like some of the chemicals they use to bring down the pH probably smell bad, so they used this sweet fragrance to try and cover it up. It smells like really bad cough syrup
barf.gif
To be fair though, you mix it with your regular rinse-out conditioner and by the time your hair dries afterwards you can't smell it anymore. So basically if you hold your breath while you're pumping it out of the bottle you'll be okay
laugh.gif

But I would give it 3.5 starts out of 5. I would give it 4 (it has basically solved my elasticity problems) but that smell...

Back