I went to a party My SO was under the dryer?!?!?!? W...T....

I AM...

Evening Ladies,

Since beginning my hair journey I have of course passed some trade secrets off to my sisters. What I find amusing is the SO and my son are benefiting as well. I washed and DCd the SO's hair on Friday night. On my way out to party he was under the dryer and simply waved as I said my goodbye when I got in he was researching Henna. Ummmmm....:perplexed

Did I mention he is taking flaxseed oil and Chlorella? His beard (they are really big in Philly), mustache, eye brows and over all skin shines...

My son is a little different. At 14 he is interested in the shine and not looking "crusty." He takes flaxseed, moisturizes his hair with coconut oil, and uses my shea butter after a bath like you wouldn't believe.

I LOVE my family I sincerely do but this sharing is getting expensive. I buy Shea and most products on Ebay. I catch or vitamins and supplements on weekly sales and I use coupons.

How are you ladies effecting the male species and how do you keep the costs as bay?

I have to laugh about this. Since I started taking care of my niece's hair my nephew has been trying to hit me up for tips. He co-washes his hair now. I'm not sure what's next.

Thats a cute story. My dh and I were going out last night but separately. He already uses a clarifying poo as poo and body wash, he has a container of coconut oil, and we do each other's scalp massage. Last night he grabs my Boundless Tresses and takes it upstairs. He's trying to grow his facial hair. I'm like 'Dude, you did NOT put in on THIS. What's wrong with you?'

I am so glad I am not the only one. My SO is such a man's man but he told me "Babe I like to look good too. Natural is the way to go." He used to play football and says he never was allowed to really focus on his FYNE-ness. I am crackin up..

Dammit!! The Saints won!

I had to start hiding my products. I was like you people did not put in on this, so imma need you to keep your hands off. However, that did not work and they start sneaking my stuff. So I just put it away in a safe place now. Now I get the, "what happened to the (fill in whatever product)?" questions.

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I have the same problem. My baby boy gets condition washes and coconut oil to keep his curls soft through the day. His Dad got hip and now follows the same routine. You're not alone.

@A Shoe 6307 I do not think hiding things would work my bathroom is wide open and they would def figure it out. I simply ask them to put in when it is time to shop. I do buy our favorites in bulk though. I hate that with guys a little goes such a long way...

Cut to me...Jealous

aww that is so sweet! and don't talk bad about the saints WHO DAT!! lol by the way what kind of hair style does your SO have? dreads or cornrows?

Evening Ladies,

Since beginning my hair journey I have of course passed some trade secrets off to my sisters. What I find amusing is the SO and my son are benefiting as well. I washed and DCd the SO's hair on Friday night. On my way out to party he was under the dryer and simply waved as I said my goodbye when I got in he was researching Henna. Ummmmm....:perplexed

Did I mention he is taking flaxseed oil and Chlorella? His beard (they are really big in Philly), mustache, eye brows and over all skin shines...

My son is a little different. At 14 he is interested in the shine and not looking "crusty." He takes flaxseed, moisturizes his hair with coconut oil, and uses my shea butter after a bath like you wouldn't believe.

I LOVE my family I sincerely do but this sharing is getting expensive. I buy Shea and most products on Ebay. I catch or vitamins and supplements on weekly sales and I use coupons.

How are you ladies effecting the male species and how do you keep the costs as bay?

My hubby uses coconut oil, castor oil, and glycerin (mainly on his skin).

@Adaoba 2012 Honey I am crackin up. He has a tapered haircut close to the scalp. They let it grow a little more in the winter. No dreads no braids. He and my son keep their hair cut close and tapered. Boy does their hair shine now thoughI guess I am laughing so hard because I couldn't imagine if they thought to grow their hair?!??!?! Girl I would truly have an all out fit. I'm so selfish with my stuff! HA!

Last edited:
At Christmas, I was bragging to my dad that he wouldn't see one strand of my hair broken off in the bathroom after I combed it.

He got all curious because his hair breaks off a lot. I told him about this board and I gave him some tips. I told him I cover my hair at night because the cotton pillow is drying.

So the next morning, he scares me to death, because I look at him and he looks like he's suddenly bald! Well no, he's got a flesh colored piece of hose on over his hair that he'd slept in.

So the next morning, he scares me to death, because I look at him and he looks like he's suddenly bald! Well no, he's got a flesh colored piece of hose on over his hair that he'd slept in.

Oh boy that was funny! I am getting my nephew 10yrs old to co-wash and ACV rinse.

this is funny :)
my hubby dabs into some of my products and I have him prepooing with coconut oil, it actually has gotten rid of his dry scalp (he didn't have dry scalp til we came to nj from ny:( nj's horrible water)

@Adaoba 2012 Honey I am crackin up. He has a tapered haircut close to the scalp. They let it grow a little more in the winter. No dreads no braids. He and my son keep their hair cut close and tapered. Boy does their hair shine now thoughI guess I am laughing so hard because I couldn't imagine if they thought to grow their hair?!??!?! Girl I would truly have an all out fit. I'm so selfish with my stuff! HA!

:lachen: too funny! :rofl:

My husband could care less about his hair.

But, I was letting my son's (he's 3) hair grow out and and had just styled his little curls. We went outside and the wind started blowing and rustling his hair a bit.

He grabbed his hair and said "NO!! My hair's pretty!! Oh NO!!!" :lachen::lachen:

His daddy was not happy :blush:

My husband could care less about his hair.

But, I was letting my son's (he's 3) hair grow out and and had just styled his little curls. We went outside and the wind started blowing and rustling his hair a bit.

He grabbed his hair and said "NO!! My hair's pretty!! Oh NO!!!" :lachen::lachen:

His daddy was not happy
:blush:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

These stories are so funny! My SO is always into my shampoo and I'm about ready to buy him his own 99cent VO5. I use Sedal and the kind I love is likely going to be discontinued soon but he uses it because he loves how it smells. What a mess!

Back