I went to a New Dominican Salon and the Results were outstanding!!!!

Shariracquel

Hey Ya'll guess what, I went to this Dominican Salon yesterday - I always go to the dominicans to do my hair but as always I grew more and more displeased with my blow out, to make a long story short the hair dresser I've been going to for the past year and others I have tried, have not blown my hair out straight enough and it always had a dull look. -

Anyhow I went to my cousins hairdresser, mind you this girl has hair that is brastrap or maybe even past that now. I would say her hair type is 3c/4a - her hair always came out looking gorgeous and since going to that salon her hair has grown so much - but not only has it grown but it is as healthy as ever. So I decided to take a chance and try her salon, even though its a bit more pricey than my salon, I had to try another hair dresser because I was tired of going to this hair dresser that I have been going to for the past year and definetly tired of being disappointed at my end results and coming out of there with my hair puffed up so much my boyfriend always ask why do I always look like a lil ol' lady when I come from the salon. I always said oh its because of my nap area which broke off and was about 3 inches shorter than the rest of my hair.

Well Im nearly two months post relaxer and girls my hair looks like I had a fresh perm. WHAT!!!! I even had them even up my hair so everything is all one lenght basically and it looks so beautiful. I'm so happyyyy with the end results. Sooo Happyyyyyyy, and now that my hair is all the same lenght all I have to worry about now, is my hair growing back fresh and bra strap by DEC 05 - here I come.

Now Im happy with my hair now, and glad that I found a new hair dresser, who I told them about my hair mishaps from the nail glue - hence my kitchen breaking off. But my thing is, hoping that I could keep my hair up and I know that if I continue to go to this salon every two weeks and keep my hair up then it should grow back lovely.

Im just hoping and praying I do not experience another hair mishap like before. Its looking healthy getting healthier and I want to keep it that way.

I will post pics in my album soon so ya'll could see what Im talking about.

I'm glad you had spectacular results and I'm glad you found a salon that takes care of your hair and makes you look your best! Congrats! :D

Do you remember what products they used in your hair? Also, I realize that you are in the NYC area. Do you recall the name and address of this salon? If you can, please PM with the information. I am 13-weeks post relaxer, and need a touch up soon. TIA! :yep:

I can read the excitement in your post. I am happy to hear that you had a great experience and can't wait to see the results. I'll check back for the update.

EssentialGrowth said:
I'm glad you had spectacular results and I'm glad you found a salon that takes care of your hair and makes you look your best! Congrats! :D

Do you remember what products they used in your hair? Also, I realize that you are in the NYC area. Do you recall the name and address of this salon? If you can, please PM with the information. I am 13-weeks post relaxer, and need a touch up soon. TIA! :yep:

OOoo Can you please pm me the address of the place also.....the dominican salon by my house is a nightmare............glad to see you have had great luck with them!

OMG, you guys, I did not think I would even get one response from anyone on this post.

I just needed somewhere to vent about how great an experience I had at the salon, that I walked out of there and was like forget wrapping it, I gotta show this off to my MOMMA.

I think Im a little to excited - its really been too long since I've been happy w/ my hair - EVERYTHING ABOUT IT.

I used to go to the same salon you went to (went for a couple of months) and my hair was always very shiny and bouncy. The used a conditioner (which I can't find anymore) called GB/HB Wheat Protein that always left my hair soft and extremely easy to detangle, even with new growth. It was in a green bottle that had soem red on the cap at the top.

The only thing that I didn't like about the salon was that they have a sign-in notebook and the waiting area is a little cramped. I haven't been there in years so they may have done away with it, but they used to have a piece of paper on the door early in the morning (7 a.m.) so you could sign-up for what you wanted and I got there reeeeally early to sign up and I was number 10 already! :mad:

They cost more ($25) than the Dominican salon across the street (Versatile, $20) and more than the other Dominican salon (Charo, $15) but I think I was happier with my hair at Reaction. They're the same price as Georgiana's (on Merrick, I think).

I'm glad to hear that your results came out well! I can't say the same thing for myself though. I was about 10 months (yes...months!) post relaxer and believe me my hair didn't come out looking like a fresh perm. Your stylist must have had some skills! :) That was my first and last blowout experience!

HI, If anyone cares to look at my album

public.fotki.com/Shariracquel/

the password is dimples - for all except hair inspirations which Im currently working on right now.

Oh, that's good. It's so rare nowadays to leave the salon happy. The photos look great. Your hair looks so bouncy! :)

Last edited:
Back