I Was Looking for A Neutralizing Shampoo...

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
for reasons specified in another thread, and I'd planned on getting Motions Silk Protein or Elasta QP's brand, but when I went into the BSS, I saw this new one by Profectiv. It's in a mousse can and it's actually a "foaming shampoo mousse." How interesting is that? It also says that it can be used between relaxers to keep hair pH balanced and prevent breakage. Anyway, I pumped some into my hand just to feel it and I like it. It has the good Profectiv scent and it's thick and whipped-like. It feels very moisturizing. We'll see when I use it. (perhaps tomorrow)

Has anyone else heard of it or tried it?

I tried that relaxer once before switching to lye. I didnt care for the relaxer but the mousse was pretty cool! But I was paranoid with it being new technology it might not get all the relaxer out and my hair would fall out...lol...

I have the profectiv mouse one also but since I'm not getting a touch up for a long long time it's just sitting, lol! I had planned on using it a few days after my touch up just as a precaution.

Supergirl & others I tried the profectiv neutralizing mousse shampoo that came with my relaxer kit. it's actually pretty good & works better than other neutralizing poos i've used. u apply it to your hair & let it sit/saturate in hair for a minute & then work into a lather. it works WONDERS in the shower b/c you can tell whether or not you've rinsed all the relaxer out. If you have the poo will be grayish...if relaxer is still present it'll be pink. It's definitely worth trying ladies!!!!

Back