I WANT BANGS AGAIN!!!

gabulldawg

Okay, so a few years ago in undergrad I sported bangs for a few months and I absolutely loved how they looked on me with my longer hair. Wish I had pics to show! Anyway, I want bangs again! BUT now that I'm interested in healthy hair care I was just wondering how I could care for bangs now. Back then I would just curl them EVERY morning, but now that I'm on the no/low heat plan I don't want to do that. Also, what could I do with my bangs while I am stretching and my roots get puffy?? I don't want to look jacked up! Anyone have bangs or have any words of wisdom to share on the subject?

Okay, so a few years ago in undergrad I sported bangs for a few months and I absolutely loved how they looked on me with my longer hair. Wish I had pics to show! Anyway, I want bangs again! BUT now that I'm interested in healthy hair care I was just wondering how I could care for bangs now. Back then I would just curl them EVERY morning, but now that I'm on the no/low heat plan I don't want to do that. Also, what could I do with my bangs while I am stretching and my roots get puffy?? I don't want to look jacked up! Anyone have bangs or have any words of wisdom to share on the subject?

I want bangs too but I'm skurred. For curling them you could try caruso's. They will be safe to use daily.

I've been contemplating bangs, too. I'm sure they'd be really cute when I straighten my hair -- I'm just not so sure what they'd look like when I wear it curly (like a wash-n-go.)

Yea, that's another issues I have as well. I'm not natural, but I love doing bantu knot sets and braidouts on my hair while I'm stretching. Anyone who has or has had bangs have any comments ?

I cut bangs a few months ago and I hate them, I wish I hadn't. They are annoying the heck out of me, just think it over carefully before you do.

I've had short bangs and longer swoop bangs.
The longer swoop bangs are easy to take care of and look sexy when styled.
The shorter kind can be a PITA. I think they are best on women with naturally straighter hair. I found myself having to curl them often using heat (the caruso steam rollers left them too Brady bunch looking). Also, pieces of short hair stick upward and it's a pain to get them down.
Additionally I don't like heavy greasy looking bangs, but to keep them looking fresh and bouncy takes more frequent washings which isn't part of my lifestyle.

These are all the reasons why I shouldn't cut my swoop bangs into shorter bangs, now all I have to do is put down the scissors :look:

Back