I think I will relax soon

FemmeCreole

Island Gyal
I'm bored and now that I cut my hair again on Sunday I'm fed up with not know what to do with my kinks

If I don't figure myself out in the next 3 weeks I will relax or texlax. I gotta do something :ohwell::perplexed

i was feeling the same way. i've been transitioning for 9 months and was fine because i had been wearing my hair straight but now that its like 100 degrees everyday now thats out the window so i was going to big chop. then i decided to co wash everyday or everyother day and put one braid to the back and then pin it up. i did it last night and today my hair looks cute. its wavy at the top and then the back is braided and pinned up. im gonna do that everyday or put several braids and wear a braid out, maybe you could try that. IMO its toooooooo hot to be wearing staight styles.

maybe you could even do cornrows or twists.
anyway good luck with yur choice.

I have twisted my hair lastnight. I'm gonna do a twist out tomorrow.

I just don't know what to do. I flat ironed my hair last saturday and I remembered how easy it was to just wrap my hair and go to sleep. Now if my hair is not in kinky twists I have to actually put some big braids in my hair so that it won't tangle when I sleep.

When I work up to 11pm then I have to get up to go back to work for 7am, I'm just too tired to do that.

Awwww! I understand girl. It can be especially tough when you have a busy schedule. Your hair will look lovely whatever you choose to do with it.

I hear ya, Val! Girl, you gotta do what's best for you. Whatever you decide, I know your hair will be beautiful.

At the very least try DC'ing 1 hour under a hood dryer. Mix about 2 TBSP of Baking soda in your DC.

After a couple of weeks, your curls will loosen naturally. If it does not work for you then it doesn't but at least give it a try.

Good luck chica!

aww val im sorry to hear this
maybe taking a break from everyday manipulating and try some good ole braids. that whay u can decide what you are going to do:yep::bighug:

I think a nice texlax would be awesome on you. You have the versatility of natural but the managability of a relaxer. :grin: Just my thoughts when I saw you. I hope you just do what makes you happy.

I'm bored and now that I cut my hair again on Sunday I'm fed up with not know what to do with my kinks

If I don't figure myself out in the next 3 weeks I will relax or texlax. I gotta do something :ohwell::perplexed

At the very least try DC'ing 1 hour under a hood dryer. Mix about 2 TBSP of Baking soda in your DC.

After a couple of weeks, your curls will loosen naturally. If it does not work for you then it doesn't but at least give it a try.

Good luck chica!
I'll try that

aww val im sorry to hear this
maybe taking a break from everyday manipulating and try some good ole braids. that whay u can decide what you are going to do:yep::bighug:
I don't manipulate everyday. I had a sew-in for a month from march to april. The I had kinky twists for 5 weeks. I just took them off last friday. The person who braids my hair is in Florida until august. I don't like cornrows and the l'm not wearing my wigs anymore casue they made me break out.

July will be one yr on my natural journey and I feel like if I relax I will be a punk....... but the more the hair grows the more work it is..... this is high maintenance :sad:

I will try the baking soda in my DC and see what happens.

I'll try that

I don't manipulate everyday. I had a sew-in for a month from march to april. The I had kinky twists for 5 weeks. I just took them off last friday. The person who braids my hair is in Florida until august. I don't like cornrows and the l'm not wearing my wigs anymore casue they made me break out.

July will be one yr on my natural journey and I feel like if I relax I will be a punk....... but the more the hair grows the more work it is..... this is high maintenance :sad:

I will try the baking soda in my DC and see what happens.
oh ok i see.
it sucks when braiders go on vacation:ohwell:
do what u think is best and i know it will come out really nice what ever u do:yep:

I'm right here with you. I just came home with a jar of sensitive scalp and ORS lye and some flexi rodss. I've been natural 9 months and why do I feel like I'm cheating on my hair? I just logged on for advice. I'm so torn right now.:sad:

I understand your frustration. Natural hair can be alot of work. I have been frustrated myself as of late so just do what is best for you. There are alot of women that were natural and went back to relaxing and are loving it just take your time and you will make the right decision for YOU.
Good Luck

I'm right here with you. I just came home with a jar of sensitive scalp and ORS lye and some flexi rodss. I've been natural 9 months and why do I feel like I'm cheating on my hair? I just logged on for advice. I'm so torn right now.:sad:
oh girl....you 'bout to do the do!

take pics when you done. But I know exactly how you feel when you say you feel like you cheating on your hair.

I have been feeling this way lately too but I get in these moods every now and then. I am going to give my hair a couple more months though. I have been natural for about 7 years and I really love it but sometimes it is very time consuming to get certain styles. Someone suggested that I try henna and also bennonite (sp) clay so you may want to try these. ALso weekly deep conditioning really made my hair easier to detangle.

At the end of the day, it's your decision. HOWEVER, think long and hard about relaxing.
You transitioned AND big chopped so obviously you really wanted to go natural. Think about the reasons why you wanted to go natural in the first place!
I really hope you can find styling options to suit you and your natural hair... if not, and you decide to relax or texlax, I wish you all the best!

I feel you! I just tex'rzd my hair this past Sunday using Just 4 Me Texture Softner...and you what??
I wish I had done it sooner !!!! My hair would be alot longer than what it is now. I've been natural for about 5 years and within the past 2 years, I lost a lot of hair detangling, washing, twisting,,pullinf those irritating knots...,etc..,AS SOON AS, I put the tex in and rinsed, my hair was instantly managable and I could comb it and my ENDS, looked curly and healthy for once.
Now I working on gaining my thickness back and I am making sure to rotate moisturizing and protein deep conditioners everyother day...
Ultimately, at the end of the day it's YOUR decision...which is why I didn't consult with anyone first...I just did it for me and my hair. I honestly believe I'll retain my length now. I've never had a problem growing my hair as a natural, keeping it was a different story :lachen:.

Yeah, It's just hair. But it's my hair. As long as it is healthy whether relaxed or natural, I'm cool with that.

(i know..i know...i need to change my signature)

let me list the reasons why I BC'd and went natural

1. I read about longterm scalp damage caused by relaxers
2. I wanted to know what my natural hair was like again since I hadn't seen it since I was 9.
3. I wanted to be free
4. I wanted to test myself to see how long I could grow my hair naturally
5. I wanted to have textured styles

What do I know now:

I can texlax and still have textured styles if I want to
I don't have to be a slave to relaxer, I can stretch
I have information on how to better take care of my hair in general
I can still be free.... I am not afraid of my hair

Maybe you just need to go to Brother's and eat a meat pie before doing anything drastic. Good luck on your choice! :grin:

I am with you. I've had the same dilemma over the last week and just want to scream. I feel like I should stay natural cause I've spent the past year trying to grow it natural but I want straight hair. I just don't know what to do. I don't want to relax but I just can't stand dealing with my hair the way it is now.

I am with you. I've had the same dilemma over the last week and just want to scream. I feel like I should stay natural cause I've spent the past year trying to grow it natural but I want straight hair. I just don't know what to do. I don't want to relax but I just can't stand dealing with my hair the way it is now.
that's it right there:perplexed

(((((Hugs))))) to the OP and the other ladies struggling, trying to decide what to do. I have been doing a lot of research on texturizing. I love the way my hair looks when I'm done with it, ADORE my twist-outs, but it's so time-consuming to look cute for a couple of days and then I'm in a bun or pony-tail until I wash again. I think we need some kind of support group:look:. Good luck to all of you:yep:.

(((((Hugs))))) to the OP and the other ladies struggling, trying to decide what to do. I have been doing a lot of research on texturizing. I love the way my hair looks when I'm done with it, ADORE my twist-outs, but it's so time-consuming to look cute for a couple of days and then I'm in a bun or pony-tail until I wash again. I think we need some kind of support group:look:. Good luck to all of you:yep:.
I just bc'd 2weeks ago after a 15 1/2 month transition, and I think a support group is a good idea!

Back