I think I purchased the wrong K-Pak...

punchinella

I was reading some posts about Joico K-Pak. So due to my PJism I went out a bought a litre of K-Pak Reconstruct Conditioner. On the front of the bottle it states PH 4.5-5.5, so I thought this was the one. When I was re-reading some of the posts I noticed a lot of ppl said that they only used it once a month. When I looked on the back of my bottle it says "This daily conditioner...".
So was I supposed to get the one in the tube if I wanted to use it as a protein reconstructor?
I am still going to use it because it smells really good, but I already have lots of conditioners, so I didn't really want another one.

I haven't used the one that I bought yet. But it says Deep Penetrating Reconstructor for damaged hair. Yeah, so I think you may have gotten the wrong one. Where'd you get it from?? I'm sure they'll let you exchange for the one you wanted.

What ever became of this? I'm beginning to suspect that my hair like reconstructor conditioners better than moisture....I'm testing my theory.... did you ever get the products switched out?

I have both the reconstructor and the condtioner from the K-pak line. It is my understanding that the conditioner you can use more often and the reconstuctor less often. They still both seem to have loads of protein, though. I would use with caution and make sure you keep your moisture balance.

Also, yours is to be left on for 1 min, I think. The Deep penetrating one says to leave on for 5 min.

I LOVE bugging companies about thier products. I am going to email Joico to ask the difference and what they suggest for usage.

ETA:
I contacted them. I will post the response when I get it.

Last edited:
Back