I think I made a BIG BOO BOO...

Ms. Plain Jane

So today is the day that I finally got to try out the Elasta QP Extra Body Lye Relaxer. I've been using the Elasta QP Regular No-Lye Relaxer for a few months and I loved it, but I wanted to try the extra body relaxer because the website said that it was good for humid climates so I figured I'd have less hair drama when it rains or the weather simply sucks.

So how about my beloved hair dresser is applying the relaxer and I find myself reaching over her station to grab the oil sheen to spray my scalp. I found it odd that I was (1)burning and (2) burning so soon. So I tell her "you need to hurry up" and add "rapido" just to make sure that she understands and she said, "No rapido. It has to come out nice. Super." So I'm thinking to myself, "wtf is she talking about."

And then I look at the relaxer jar... and it says SUPER!

:cry: I picked up the SUPER formula instead of Regular. OMG. I was shocked beyond belief. I guess that in my eagerness to buy the relaxer, I focused on the "Extra Body" and not the "Super" part. :wallbash:

I'm under the dryer now. I didn't see any signs of damage as she was roller setting my hair, but what should I possibly expect? What kind of damage control should I be doing in between now and my next wash and set and/or perm? I predict that there will be a lot of pre-pooing and DCing in my future...

TIA

So today is the day that I finally got to try out the Elasta QP Extra Body Lye Relaxer. I've been using the Elasta QP Regular No-Lye Relaxer for a few months and I loved it, but I wanted to try the extra body relaxer because the website said that it was good for humid climates so I figured I'd have less hair drama when it rains or the weather simply sucks.

So how about my beloved hair dresser is applying the relaxer and I find myself reaching over her station to grab the oil sheen to spray my scalp. I found it odd that I was (1)burning and (2) burning so soon. So I tell her "you need to hurry up" and add "rapido" just to make sure that she understands and she said, "No rapido. It has to come out nice. Super." So I'm thinking to myself, "wtf is she talking about."

:cry: I picked up the SUPER formula instead of Regular. OMG. I was shocked beyond belief. I guess that in my eagerness to buy the relaxer, I focused on the "Extra Body" and not the "Super" part. :wallbash:

I'm under the dryer now. I didn't see any signs of damage as she was roller setting my hair, but what should I possibly expect? What kind of damage control should I be doing in between now and my next wash and set and/or perm? I predict that there will be a lot of pre-pooing and DCing in my future...

TIA

OMG I did that once got super instead of regular by mistake. How long did she leave it on?

I use the Super, but I base my scalp for at least 4 days prior to relaxing. And yep the ORS replenishing cond. is great after a relaxer.

TIA

Elasta QP is such a mild relaxer on your hair that i dont' think it'll make a big difference between regular and super so don't sweat. I doubt you got any damage from it.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I would have said, "No me gusta. RAPIDO." I might have gone to the wash bowl without her.

I would just be watchful of breakage in the subsequent months.

I like the ORS all the time but since it gives a tad bit of protein and lots of moisture I use it after rinsing my relaxer out but before neutralizing.

I think you will be fine especially since you didn't process for the usual time. Shortening the time will compensate for different relaxer strengths to an extent.

Back