I think I knowingly got suckered?

so1913

So I'm picking up a few things at the store...and I see a new line of Conair Combs....Tourmaline Ceramic Combs. The had a detangling comb ideal for thick or curly hair. Now I'm standing there thinking what the heck difference that does this make in a comb and what will it do for my hair? I read the packaging to try to find out and it says "100% crushed IONS for intense shine". Come on now, how much combing am I gonna have to do to get these "IONS" to "excite" and make my hair bling bling? I'm no scientist, but I just don't get the concept. I think it's just a marketing ploy to profit off the popularity of ceramic/tourmaline styling (heat) tools.

So that's my theory as I'm looking at this comb in the store....why in the heck did I still buy it? LOL

(it was only $2.89)

I used to like these combs. Once I started stretching past 8 weeks my 4B hair kept breaking the teeth:look:

I don't buy them anymore. I stick with my Jilbere seamless comb
345647.jpg

LOL @ you! :D I have no idea about termaline and ions, but I woulda bought it too! Sounds all technilogical and cool :p Have you used it yet? Do you like it?

tiffers said:
LOL @ you! :D I have no idea about termaline and ions, but I woulda bought it too! Sounds all technilogical and cool :p Have you used it yet? Do you like it?

Nah, I haven't cause I only comb my hair in the shower. But it seems too flimsy! Like Trimbride, I only use shower combs....why I bought this comb, I don't know, LOL!

newflowers said:
Is the comb actually ceramic? Or is it plastic with a coating of XYZ?

It aint nuthin but a plastic comb with a shiny plastic coating:cool: Some of my "NASA quality" aerodynamic tourmaline started to flake off the darn thing after a couple of months. I think I broke about 3 of them with my newgrowth before I finally decided to give it up:lol:

The comb's claims:
Ceramic & ionic
Smoothes & shines
100% Crushed gemstones with ions for intense shine
Creates texture
Tames frizzies, smoothes and shines
Reduces static

Last edited:
Back