I think I just DC'd with toothpaste.

yuhlovevybz

So, just like any of my stories start, I went into Sally's today to get some stuff to prep my hair since my new flat iron came in the mail. I was tired of looking around at products knowing I was about to bust my bank on some $20 DC's when I already have at least 5 at home, so when the sales lady came to me I asked her for a DC that was good for straightening hair. She pointed me to the Nutress hair moisturizing protien pack. Just a dollar and some change so I was like eh whatever, finished shopping and checked out.

So....after clarifying, I opening the pack and it was blue/green. Cool. Started putting it in my hair....smells JUST like toothpaste, very similar consistancy, tastes kinda like it too (yeah I went there). It's VERY minty but I don't see any type of peppermint in the ingredients. Wth is going on? Did somebody see me coming or something? Lol!

Have any other ladies tried this...I'm sitting under a plastic cap right now so I'll come back with a review once I've rinsed it out. But really....this is awkward.

:lol: Maybe we can have a Toothpaste 2013 challenge? "Grow your hurrs to TBL in 3 months using toothpaste!!"

Seriously, let us know how it turned out. Maybe it will become a new staple!

LOLLL this is hilarious! please hurry back with the rest of the review. i can't believe you tasted it :lol:

Lol you ladies are killing me! Well I was hoping for total epicness since I DID walk around smelling like toothpaste, but I'm not sure it was so great.

It had great slip when rinsing out, and after using it my hair was very soft and airy. I expected it to be more heavy since it was a protien treatment. Once I blowdryed my hair, it straightened quickly and easily without tangling, so that's a plus. Usually whatever I DC with has the biggest effect on how my blowdrying goes.

In the end, however, my hair turned out too airy. I don't think the DC was as moisturizing as I thought it would be. I like a DC to leave my hair a little heavy. All in all, I'll give it 7/10. Not bad, but not good enough for a toothpaste challenge lol.

Back