i put braids in

asummertyme

and boy am i happy i did..the weather has gone from bad to worse out here in NY, and i would have been killing my self trying to deal with my hair...so i braided it...i used kankelon pony hair...medium sized box braids by the african stylists.i wish i woulda did it my self though, i woulda saved 120 bucks, if i wasnt so lazy, i woulda did it myself, but nex time i will....anyways, i posted a few pics of my braids.....i love em...i hope u do too!!

oh p.s.....i am gonna incorporate the crown and glory method, so if anyone knows more info on that method, please share....i will take all info......

your braids look very nice. i am also starting to do the crown and glory method. i think i am going to redo mine after finals. the weather in philly is also bad. i am glad i have my braids in right now.

ps. next time just take a weekend and do your braids then. you will be happy with all the money your saved.

yeah i am gonna do that next time....and save money, but theses braids ar life savers right... they have saved my tresses from this terrible weather.....

Your hair looks great!!!!!! I was thinking of getting braids too for the winter. Can I ask you a few questions?What kind of hair is kankelon? Is it braided on the ends or burned closed? Was the hair included in the total price? How did the braider deal with your edges so as to preserve them? I'm going to order Robin's videotape so I can braid my hair for the winter but in the meantime I might just go to an African braider.

thnx...kankelon is synthetic hair,this particular kind of kankelon is called pony, wich had a vurl to it as supposed to the regular hair that looks more textured.....the BSS has them, anyways no my hair ais not closed orburnt they are left open in the ends, im sorry my pictures dont show it that well, but some of them if you look, u will see red ends...those r the ends of my hair..they are a red color and they are out like human hair....the hair did come with the price, wich was really reasonable, she charges only 110 for human hair,including hair.....but as far as my edges go , i just told her make the boxes bigger and dont braid it tight...i was really presssing on this, b/c i did not want any problems with my sides...

Cute braids, Girl! You have got patience!!! I would never want to get them that small only because I would fall out when it's time to loose them out. I bought the hairlady's videotape and did my braids twice on my own. I even did my daughter's hair a couple of times. The first time I did about 50 braids, the second time, a little more as the braids are smaller. I want to braid mine again to wear until January, but being pregnant I don't think I have the patience to do my own braids again.I don't trust them African braiders as the ones I've ever been to are too rough on the hair and I see a lot of people with receding hairlines. I don't want any hair problems right now. Sometimes I wish I could find buddies from LHCF that lived here in New York who knew how to put in braids using the Crown and Glory technique and I could help them do their's in exchange. The last time I did mine myself in August, it took me 6-7 hours. I'm sure the more I do it, the faster I'll be able to complete it. My problem is that my expanding belly makes it hard to maneuver to the back of my head. Off the topic...This snowstorm is no joke!

well the braids are medium sized, about the size of a pencil, i did not want them so small b/c my hair would break.. they are good size boxes....i have had alotta bad expierence with braids so i was careful.....

Back