I NEED SOME HELP

hotlusciousl

I FOUND MY SOLUTION FOR DEFINED CURLS/WAVES!!!!

I need a product made to define curls... I just got my hair done with wet and wavy human hair....however once it dries it gets kinda poofy... I love it when it's wet but I hate when it dries... thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I have wet and wavy human hair extensions too - I use them more often and not. From my experience, the only part of the hair that gets wavy when wet is the part beyond my own hair (I'm natural). I do not use any products in my hair when in braids, but just wash/condition at least 2 times a week and baggy every night. So that might also be why. Since I braid the entire length of the braid - or most of it - the only part that looks wavy when I'm done are the tips. You can sort of see what I mean on the pic I took of my braids shortly after braiding them.:
BraidsApril2007-vi.jpg

Since the wet/wavy look doesn't show in the part containing my hair even when wet, I don't really care to sport it. And yes the hair will get puffy if you let it dry free. I prefer to get a more uniform wave throughout the hair by putting damp extensions in braids and wearing a braid-out later. Sometimes, I'll just braid the ends into a pony braid at the back of my head. Besides forcing my hair to dry in a more streamlined than puffy look, this also gives me another way of wearing my braids. When I let them down, the braids are straight but sort curve framing my face and then go wavy towards the ends. It's a look similar to the pic above but with the waves deeper and more uniform. I'll try to take a pic when I wear this do - if I remember.

If you wanted waves as small as the wet and wavy human hair has when wet, rather than deep ones like in my braid-out, you could make the plaits/braids you put your damp hair into smaller/thinner.

HIH

The type of braids I have are called lacing. my hair is braided all the way to the end but during the braiding process strands of hair are left out at the top of the braid to cover the whole braid.. It looks like the style in the pic of my avatar. Those are called lacing braids...only this time i got wet and wavy hair so when i wet it ... the whole head looks wet and wavy...I did end up finding two great products...that keep it from getting puffy and it also defines the wet and wavy look as well as keeping it soft:grin:

Here is a picture of how the style looks...I got it from the website of the place i got them done at.... This is not me...but my hair looks exactly the same except it's black.
http://www.ellebraidingsalon.com/*widgets/gallery/detail.jspy?G=10011132&P=104&F=/gallery.nxg

Here is my routine:

I have a spray bottle with water and conditoner and i spray this to dampen the hair so it waves up.

Next I use a product called Wave Nouveau Daily Humectant Moisturizing Lotion. It's made for natural and wavy hair. It's by Softsheen Carson. This keeps it soft.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-2519492840586_1956_63412764

Then I apply the second product called Wet Fix, Sculpting Gel....It is by Next Image... It enhances styling of straight and curly hair. This product keeps my waves defined.

Last edited:
On another hair board, someone mentioned a mix of epsom salt, jojoba oil and water and said it was the best curl definer she ever used. Alot of people came behind her saying how great it worked. I think it wouldn't hurt to test it out, particularly since its not on your own hair.

Try adding conditioner (leave-in or not) while the hair is wet and let it dry with that in it. I use to do this on my wet and wavy weave hair but it wasn't braids. Hey, if it doens't work just rinse it out. BTW, I had to use lots of con, I would totally drench it and it would be wavy all day and shine.:) So you may want to use up the cheap stuff or a con you're trying to get rid of.

Last edited:
Back