I need help

moneychaser

Last night I washed my hair for the first time in the last two weeks. I have been going to the Dominician salon for blowouts weekly for help with my new growth. On my last visit the girl who rolled my hair told me that I needed a protein treatment because my hair was shedding. So last night I decided to give myself a protein treatment, using Mizani Kerafix, instead of using the Garlic Shampoo I had recently bought... My hair was really tangled, but I made it through the shower combout...
Anyways I decided to style my hair with some spirals since I have soo much new growth... While styling my hair was shedding more than normal, I wouldn't say alot....
Making a long story short when I went to the bathroom this morning I saw alot of breakage in my bathroom sink, .
cry3.gif

I don't know what I should do, to save my ends
brainy.gif
brainy... I was thinking that I should wash my hair again tonight with the garlic shampoo/aubrey's gdp/moisturizing conditioner... What do yall think??
I plan on getting a touch up this saturday, What do yall think about that aslo..

Please help, I really want to see some growth with this touch-up...

Did you follow up the Kerafix with a mositurizing conditioner? If you didn't that could be the culprit. Find a very mositurizing coditioner without protein, you should be fine after that.

Thank you, yes I did follow up with nexus humetress, Im thinking that I didnt was the treatment out good enough.. I will was again tonight

I personally think keraphix is one of the harshest protein conditioners I have ever tried. I got the same results unfortunately stupid me kept on using it until the jar was empty. I would rewash and seriously deep conditiin with a moisturizing conditioner.

Thank you, I will be tossing this stuff!! thank you do you guys think i should still go in for a touch-up??

How much breakage are you experiencing? If it's a lot, I would hold off on the relaxer touch-up for a little while. If your hair is breaking, it sounds like it needs more moisture and less handling.

Sorry I must admit I am a drama queen
king.gif
I feel my hair situation
ill.gif
is fixable but I want to make sure I am taking the right steps, because these are crucial
I think I will try a con wash and a good moisturizing con... any recommendations??

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
I think I will try a con wash and a good moisturizing con... any recommendations??

[/ QUOTE ]
Please tell us what moisturizing conditioners you have on hand.

Thanks Allandra, I am a big product junkie also.
-Dark N' Lovely Dry Hair Healer
-Nexus Hum.
-Barry Fletcher Moisture Plus
-Dudley's Hair Rebuilder
-Aubrey's GPB

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
Thanks Allandra, I am a big product junkie also.
-Dark N' Lovely Dry Hair Healer
-Nexus Hum.
-Barry Fletcher Moisture Plus
-Dudley's Hair Rebuilder
-Aubrey's GPB

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure the Nexxus Humectress and the Barry Fletcher Moisture Plus are moisturizing conditioners (not sure about the others though). I don't consider Aubrey Organics GPB to be a moisturizing conditioner. Maybe you should use the Nexxus or the Barry Fletcher. Please let us know how it goes. Oh yeah, don't forget to moisturize (like a creamy moisturizer, not oil) afterwards.

Hey Denali03,
I love and can't say enough good things about garlic shampoo however I find it very drying to my hair so I always follow up with a very moisturizing conditioner. If you have the garlic conditioner I would suggest you use that instead of the harsh shampoo. The conditioner is packed with good stuff like aloe and castor oil.

thanks debyjay...

I plan on putting the shampoo in a applicator bottle and applying it to my scalp only....
Since I have perm color in my hair, i don't mess around with clarifiers.

Back