I need help with roller setting at home..

goldensugar23

Ok so i'm really tired of the salon thing..and now i have a soft bonnet dryer at home...so...

I tried to do a wet set with black and gray rollers.I thought to myself I have seen them setting my hair many times I can pull this off.
It didnt come out so well.I had some rollers falling out and it wasnt a smooth dry.My hair looked just CRAZY! :eek: :eek: .

I tried to flat iron it..and finally gave up and rocked a ponytail.Is there any websites I can go to showing the proper way to roller set at home?Any techniques you ladies can suggest?

thanx in advance

The best thing to do is finish what you've started. As with anything, it takes practice. It's not going to look like a professional job the first time you do it. Learn from what happened, and hone your skill each time you try it.

It will look great by the 6th try.

goldensugar23 said:
Ok so i'm really tired of the salon thing..and now i have a soft bonnet dryer at home...so...

I tried to do a wet set with black and gray rollers.I thought to myself I have seen them setting my hair many times I can pull this off.
It didnt come out so well.I had some rollers falling out and it wasnt a smooth dry.My hair looked just CRAZY! :eek: :eek: .

I tried to flat iron it..and finally gave up and rocked a ponytail.Is there any websites I can go to showing the proper way to roller set at home?Any techniques you ladies can suggest?

thanx in advance
When I first got serious about my own rollersets, I started from the back-center. I did my mohawk first, then did the two back sides and ended with the fronts. For some reason, I got the rollers tighter when I started from the back.

Now, I do the same thing: mohawk first, back-sides and fronts, but I start in the front.

Make sure that you are completely dry, otherwise your ends don't have that smooth finish.

Back